Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!

Monday, January 16, 2006

Let It Snow

The weatherman said the 4 letter word that to some, is equivalent to an obscenity...SNOW. To me, it is a glorious word and I wish we'd get a foot of it. I'm not holding my breath, but I can dream.

We don't get snow in Nashville like we used to get. When I was a kid, there were a couple school years where we missed practically the whole month of January. When I was in 2nd and 3rd grade (yes, many moons ago) they had to tack on 30 minutes at the end of the schoolday so we'd get a summer break. I don't necessarily dream of a white January to that extent, in fact, the thought of my kids being out of school that long causes me to go into the shakes.

All I want is a good 9-12 incher, maybe one day out of work. Heck, I'm willing to sacrifice a vacation day for it. Too bad that work can't call for a snow day and the Sumner County schools to go to school as normal.

No comments: