Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Flippin' Sweet

Are you familiar with Chet Flippo? He's a renowned music journalist, historian, author whose writing I love and whose opinions I really respect. He's a soft spoken, rather unassuming character that I've had the pleasure of sharing Thanksgiving with the last two years. (His wife, Martha Hume, is no slouch in the music writing department, either) Chet's resume is about 100 miles long, having been a senior editor for Rolling Stone magazine, he traveled with THE Rolling Stones.... Very cool guy.

Chet has a weekly column at CMT.com that I look forward to reading every Thursday.

Call me crazy and I certainly mean no disrespect to Mista Flippo but his current column, talking barbecue and music, reads like a blog. I love it.

I wonder if he's been peeking into Nashville Is Talking? (Chet, if you happen to read this, I hope I haven't offended you, comparing writing greatness with us lowly bloggers)

1 comment:

ceeelcee said...

Dang,

How do I get an invite to Flippo's for a Sunday afternoon?!

Actually a Saturday would be better, because we could drag a TV out on the deck and watch college football.

Blog Archive