Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!

Monday, July 10, 2006

Rest Time

After a week off of work, one would think I would've dreaded coming back today. It's quite the opposite. I was quite relieved and approaching minor excitement. There really wasn't a whole lot of rest during the whole week, with the visiting relatives, Girlie Doc stuff and more than anything, diffusing arguments between my Trio of younguns. I think my daughter only called Mr. Smiff to "tell on" me a time or two. I did enjoy not having to be anywhere by 7 or 7:30 every morning and I did get a little bit of pool time, which I enjoyed, although I could've stood at least one pool trip by myself.

I had to come back here so I could get some peace and quiet. The majority of my office people are at a convention and today, it's me and one other girl.

I've resigned myself to the fact that my kids will all be grown and gone before I will experience anything resembling pampering or real enjoyment.

2 comments:

Busy Mom said...

Yep, I'm right there with you.

saraclark said...

Peace and quiet at the office and uninterrupted internet. That's what it's all about.
Getting up at the time I have been going to bed for the last week, sucks.

Blog Archive