Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!

Friday, July 14, 2006

Your Secret's Safe With Me

Somebody told me something yesterday that was supposedly to be kept really under wraps. "Don't tell anybody" this person told me. It's the kind of sensitive issue that is sooo sensitive, if it got out, it could affect their life in a serious way. (Nothing life threatening or nothing lurid or morally bad). This person repeatedly said, during the course of our conversation how important it was that what she told me did not get out. I told her I would not tell. I like this person very much and would not want anything bad to come to them. This person has had a real string of bad luck the last decade. Things can't really get much worse for them. They're kinda a lightening rod for bad stuff.

Anyhoo, I just saw this person talking to somebody. They greeted one another with the "Hiiiiii...how are you" kinda thing. I could tell by the body language that this person was telling this other individual exactly what they had told me yesterday. I watched their reaction and that kinda confirmed that they were telling this thing that was supposedly such a secret. I wonder how many other people they told? It's not exactly a secret, is it?

I'm still not going to tell but I know at least, if it gets out and what she feared happening happens, it ain't going to be cause I told.

5 comments:

Sonia said...

Too Funny. Sounds like my mother. Almost sounds like she's testing her friendships.

Tony Arnold said...

The best way to keep a secret is to never tell anyone in the first place, but alas...

Reality is that once two people know something, it is not truly a secret anymore.

Tony

Kathy T. said...

I hate secrets. I hate knowing them. I hate having them. To me, the temptation makes them a burden... and boy do I have some secrets that people have told me!

Sharon Collie said...

Turns out it wasn't such a secret, no way. Half the world knew yesterday.

People are strange.

Suburban Turmoil said...

And yet, watch her sort of blame you if/when the secret gets out. Sometimes secrets can be a real burden.

Blog Archive