I haven't seen this in the news anywhere, but happened upon it on another website. Carlene Carter has gotten married again.
Her amazing country music pedigree aside (mom June Carter Cash and dad is the still hot and charming Carl Smith) Carlene Carter is one of my favorite singer/songwriter types. Highly underrated as a songwriter, she has written some brilliant songs through the years. "Easy From Now On" (a #1 hit for Emmylou back in the 70's) has one of the best and most poetic lines I've ever heard in a song...."I'll be flying high in a fandangled sky"...
Carlene's had her fair share of ups and downs in recent years. She has buried her mother, stepfather, sister, longtime boyfriend and step mother, all in the span of less than two years. She's fought the law and the law won, but, she's clean and sober and I saw her brilliantly portray her mother this past summer in the play "Wildwood Flowers." Good for her.
Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
- Da Bachelor
- A Streptococcus Among Us?
- Darren McGavin-RIP
- Don Knotts RIP
- A Prayer Request
- A Look Inside the Modern Kitchen
- This Is Love
- Urgent Care is a Bad Thing
- Is There Such A Thing As Too Good?
- Go Kinky
- February 19, 1992
- No Bidness Like Show Bidness
- The Ghost of Ted Baxter Spotted In Nashville
- Carlene Carter
- Good, Good Ivy
- Things That Make You Go Hmmmmm....
- Love For Sale
- FLYLady Will Be Disappointed
- I Love the 70's
- Battle of the Sockses
- More Evidence of God's Residence
- February 10, 1969-Long Beach, CA My aunt (with the...
- You Say It's Your Birthday....
- The Blog That Wasn't
- Grammy Observations-SugarPits
- And the Winner Is.............
- Grammies, Schmammies
- A D In Band?!?!?!?
- Super Bowl Sunday
- Lance & Sheryl
- Louise Scruggs
- ▼ February (31)