My dad used to leave my mom notes by the coffeepot on any regular day of the year. He bought her these romantic cards and would write in them how she was the love of his life, etc. I thought when I got married, my husband would do the same thing. HA! WRONG!
Mr. Smiff is romantically retarded and he is the first to admit this. He didn't have good role models in this area though so for that, I've learned to cut him some slack.
My father in law got my mother in law a bread tray for Christmas one year. Needless to say, my in laws have been divorced for about 38 years. One Christmas, he got his current wife a stepladder for Christmas. A stepladder.
Smitty's lack of talent in the romantic area used to be bothersome to me. It hit me last night when I was at Wal Mart and seeing lots of husbands clamoring for a card and trying to grab the last piddly bouquet consisting of 2 or 3 flowers with a $20 price tag that it was all pretty stupid.
I'd much rather get some sort of surprise outing, dinner, gift than a last minute, panicked, guilted gift just because the calendar says its February 14. Not that I ever WILL get that surprise but it's a nice thought though eh?
Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
- Da Bachelor
- A Streptococcus Among Us?
- Darren McGavin-RIP
- Don Knotts RIP
- A Prayer Request
- A Look Inside the Modern Kitchen
- This Is Love
- Urgent Care is a Bad Thing
- Is There Such A Thing As Too Good?
- Go Kinky
- February 19, 1992
- No Bidness Like Show Bidness
- The Ghost of Ted Baxter Spotted In Nashville
- Carlene Carter
- Good, Good Ivy
- Things That Make You Go Hmmmmm....
- Love For Sale
- FLYLady Will Be Disappointed
- I Love the 70's
- Battle of the Sockses
- More Evidence of God's Residence
- February 10, 1969-Long Beach, CA My aunt (with the...
- You Say It's Your Birthday....
- The Blog That Wasn't
- Grammy Observations-SugarPits
- And the Winner Is.............
- Grammies, Schmammies
- A D In Band?!?!?!?
- Super Bowl Sunday
- Lance & Sheryl
- Louise Scruggs
- ▼ February (31)