Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
Sunday, February 19, 2006
February 19, 1992
Lots of stuff has happened since February 19, 1992. It's odd to think it's been 14 years since I saw my dad. At the same time, I see him everyday, especially in my two boys. One looks exactly like him and the other acts exactly like him. Sometimes, I see him when I look in the mirror.
At church today, they sang an old hymn, "Send The Light" and on the part where the bass part echoes, I heard my dad. One of my favorite things is when we sing one of those old hymns and I can swear I hear his baritone/bass (whatever he was in the mood for).
I inherited lots of things from, namely his fair skin, his twisted, sometimes off the wall sense of humor, his Attention Deficit, his eyes, the tendency to analyze everybody and everything and other things. I think the thing I'm most grateful I inherited, or learned from him, is the importance of placing my faith in God and the importance of committing each and every day to Him.
He was a dandy.
Posted by Sharon Collie at 2:55 PM
- Da Bachelor
- A Streptococcus Among Us?
- Darren McGavin-RIP
- Don Knotts RIP
- A Prayer Request
- A Look Inside the Modern Kitchen
- This Is Love
- Urgent Care is a Bad Thing
- Is There Such A Thing As Too Good?
- Go Kinky
- February 19, 1992
- No Bidness Like Show Bidness
- The Ghost of Ted Baxter Spotted In Nashville
- Carlene Carter
- Good, Good Ivy
- Things That Make You Go Hmmmmm....
- Love For Sale
- FLYLady Will Be Disappointed
- I Love the 70's
- Battle of the Sockses
- More Evidence of God's Residence
- February 10, 1969-Long Beach, CA My aunt (with the...
- You Say It's Your Birthday....
- The Blog That Wasn't
- Grammy Observations-SugarPits
- And the Winner Is.............
- Grammies, Schmammies
- A D In Band?!?!?!?
- Super Bowl Sunday
- Lance & Sheryl
- Louise Scruggs
- ▼ February (31)