Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!

Friday, April 21, 2006

100 Things

I know the world has been waiting for this....Sista Smiff's list of 100....here goes....


1. I went to junior high with Ashley Judd.
2. Ashley Judd had no idea who I was.
3. I also went to elementary, junior high and high school with Jeff Cease, formerly of the Black Crowes and rode the same school bus (Bus 44)
4. I have no waistline. Never have. Even at 120 lbs.
5. I have naturally curly hair.
6. My hair used to be black but has turned to a frightening salt and pepper.
7. I think every home should have a pet of some sort (preferably a dog but cats are ok)
8. I had/have an aunt named Tee Wee an uncle named "Byee" and an Uncle Nootsie. (Not real names)
9. Mr. Smiff and I almost eloped after dating less than two months.
10. We opted for a "long" engagement of six months instead.
11. Mr. Smiff and I were divorced for a year and remarried.
12. We were remarried by the same judge who unmarried us.
13. I'd rather not have gone through that experience but wouldn't take anything for it now.
14. In a restaurant or other public place, I have to sit where I can see the entire room and everybody in it.
15. I have been an off and on again smoker since I was 16.
16. I quit for 4 years once.
17. I am a good cook.
18. I am a horrible housekeeper.
19. I am a hair under 5'4 inches tall.
20. I want every clock in my house and office to be the exact same time.
21. Mr. Smiff is 9 years older than me.
22. I love Elvis.
23. I worked as a personal assistant to a country star once.
24. I've never had a speeding ticket.
25. I have one sister who is 2.5 years older than me.
26. I sleep with the television on.
27. I am the youngest of many grandchildren on both of my parents' sides.
28. I have no memory of my maternal grandparents.
29. This has always made me sad.
30. I have written a number of songs.
31. I have performed at writer's nights.
32. I had a hold on a song by Patty Loveless once.
33. She didn't record it.
34. I still dream of writing a hit song someday.
35. I have written a play that was performed at the Ryman Auditorium last year.
36. I dream of writing a novel someday, totally based on characters I have known.
37. I have met a ton of famous people in my lifetime.
38. I could probably do a "100 Things" of famous people I have met.
39. I do not drink alcohol and am not comfortable with it in my presence.
40. Except that once a presidential term that I will indulge in a beer or something.
41. I have worked at the same company for going on 10 years.
42. I love to hear live music.
43. I didn't get braces until I was 34 years old.
44. I have run in 4 5K races.
45. I don't like Starbucks coffee.
46. I love Diet Dr. Pepper.
47. I like being by myself.
48. I have a very distinct laugh.
49. I have experienced natural childbirth.
50. I don't reccommend it.
51. I am against Homeschooling.
52. Politically, I'm in the middle.
53. But, really, politics are boring to me.
54. I can appear to be quite outgoing and extroverted, but, the truth is, I am quite shy and introverted.
55. I don't like people to sing "Happy Birthday" to me.
56. I don't like to talk on the phone anymore.
57. I prefer email.
58. I love rainy Thursdays.
59. I like just about every kind of music there is.
60. I had my first child when I was 22.
61. I'm not one of those PTO type of moms that lives to be in the middle of everything happening at the school.
62. I do not like shopping malls or shopping, except Wal Mart and Target.
63. I have a natural ear for harmony and a decent singing voice.
64. I can play the guitar and piano.
65. I get my nails done every two weeks.
66. I only have one purse at a time. I carry it til it falls apart, then it's back to Target for a new one.
67. I have never been to DisneyWorld, but, have been to Disneyland a number of times.
68. I love American History.
69. I should be wearing glasses but don't.
70. They make me feel old and I don't like contacts. (The nails don't mix with them)
71. I have thoroughly enjoyed every stage of parenting.
72. I don't miss having little bitty children.
73. I have a nice speaking voice and do readings and narrations very well.
74. I love classic television shows and know obscure facts about old tv shows and movies that nobody cares about. (When I say "classic" I am not speaking of anything after 1985)
75. I have been to the Bahamas and to Mexico.
76. I love to look at photo albums, even if I don't know the people in the pictures.
77. I hate to confront people.
78. I am very transparent. I don't hide my feelings very well.
79. I got my GED instead of a regular diploma.
80. I have a really good memory. I remember dates, names, and very small details of moments from when I was a toddler all through school.
81. I have a really close friend in Texas that I've known for 6 years. I think of her as one of my closest, true blues...yet, I've never seen met her in person.
82. I don't play cards.
83. I like reality shows.
84. I love Dr. Phil but can't stand his henpecking wife.
85. I am not a touchy, feely, huggy type of gal. That doesn't mean I never hug anybody, I'd just rather do it on my own terms.
86. I am a born again, Bible thumpin', yet, Disney lovin' Southern Baptist. (The aforementioned does not mean I hate gay people and love Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson, neither)
87. I used to love roller coasters...big, huge ones, but, now they give me headaches.
88. I miss Opryland...the Flume Zoom, the Wabash Cannonball, the Tennessee Waltz and the Rockin' Rollercoaster.
89. I love the movie "Gone With The Wind" so much, I named one of my children after something in it.
90. I have never danced with my husband. (He can't)
91. I do a once a year flip on the trampoline by request of my kids.
92. I can still do the splits.
93. The recessional at my wedding was "Christmas Time's A' Comin'".
94. The processional was some classical song that I don't even know the name of. Alls I knew was I did NOT want "Here Comes The Bride" played. I wanted to walk in to "A Maiden's Prayer" but they played that before.
95. I can wake up without an alarm.
96. I don't think life is about achieving happiness, but, rather contentment.
97. I believe a pop on the behind does not harm a child or their self esteem.
98. I have rarely ever popped any of my children on the behind in their lives.
99. I think my three kids and Mr. Smiff are four of the funniest people on earth.
100. I'm a blessed woman.

1 comment:

Producer J. said...

OMG I laughed so hard at this!

The recessional at my (December) wedding was Joy to the World.

J.