Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
Monday, April 10, 2006
Tales From The Twister
Coming back to work today, hearing even more stories of survival and loss:
A guy in my company lost his home and almost lost his wife. She was home sick Friday and was sucked out of the house. Amazingly, she just had a bump on the head.
The guidance counselor at Knox Doss Middle School, David Delph, who spent Friday afternoon and way into the evening, comforting and entertaining the likes of my children, making them feel safe and secure, went home to find his home is not liveable.
Another co-worker's aunt's home was destroyed on Drakes Creek Rd. They say lightening doesn't strike twice but for this family it did. Some years back, their home was struck by lightening and burned to the ground. They rebuilt on the same spot, a nice brick home, only to have it destroyed Friday.
My friend Diana and her husband Bill were sitting in their Florida room on Drakes Creek Rd. just before the storm came. They managed to get to the bottom level, not injured. They were at church yesterday and just hung onto each other the entire service.
We know about William Lee Golden from the Oak Ridge Boys' beautiful old home on Saundersville being destroyed but his bandmate, Duane Allen, barely escaped becoming part of the debris himself. He had gone to get his grandson from school and was arriving home just as it hit his neighborhood.
The photo is by Zach Delph, taken in his neighborhood off of 109 in Gallatin.
Posted by Sharon Collie at 12:03 PM
- All About Perspective
- Jesus Take The Wheel
- I Nominate For Mother of the Year...
- Put Your Sweet Lips A Little Closer To The Phone.....
- Crazy Kin
- What's The Point?
- Quote of the Day
- Big Daddy O
- A Day in Franklin
- Poop, Mexican Music & Nice Neighbors
- 100 Things
- High Fives For All
- All I Have To Do Is Dream
- We'll Be Right Back
- What'd Life Be Without Homegrown Tomatoes?
- I Could Write a Sonnet About Your Easter Bonnet......
- Don't EVER Say This To Me Again
- Not Here
- Big Bad Bill
- In Praise of Hendersonville
- Sista Smiff's Brag Book
- Hippity Hoppity, Easter's On It's Way
- Perks and Coifs
- Lunchtime in Knoxville
- A One and A Two
- Johnson's Old Grey Mule
- Birthin' Babies
- Tales From The Twister
- Happy Dancing
- Not Your Typical Saturday
- Tornado Warning
- Retrospective Brentwood
- Nothing Stops the US Mail?
- No Pinewood Derby!!!!!
- Angels Sent Straight From Heaven
- A Rainbow After The Rain
- Carrying on an Old Family Tradition
- Celebrating a Life
- Like My Pie, Like My Puddin', Love That Gal That T...
- Be Not Dismayed What 'Er Be Tide.....
- Let Me Hear A Big "Hell Yeah" For the Redneck Girl...
- ▼ April (42)