I was a little depressed about the state of prime time, network television tonight. This was all because of tonight's "American Idol." Mostly, I blame Taylor Hicks, who is my favorite in this years competition, and his perfectly awful butcher job he did on "Country Roads." I love that song and I even have it on my mp3 player. Taylor is so good but tonight he just plained sucked. He could've laid such a hurtin' on say, a George Jones song or a Merle Haggard song, but, noooo..I'm sure everybody's favorite phone sex guy, Kenny Rogers, encouraged it. I mean, come on...Kenny IS the undisputed king of country music, after all.
So I'm all depressed at what American Idol did to country music and I flip the channel to ABC and watched a delightful hour of "Sons and Daughters." This is the best show I've seen on network television in a long time. We've been so friggin inundated with reality the last few years...this here show is like a touch of spring after a long, hard winter. It's gut busting funny but tender at the same time. Best of all, one of the actors in this ensemble is Max Gail, aka Wojo from one of the best shows of all time, "Barney Miller."
It may just be too good for network tv.
Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
- All About Perspective
- Jesus Take The Wheel
- I Nominate For Mother of the Year...
- Put Your Sweet Lips A Little Closer To The Phone.....
- Crazy Kin
- What's The Point?
- Quote of the Day
- Big Daddy O
- A Day in Franklin
- Poop, Mexican Music & Nice Neighbors
- 100 Things
- High Fives For All
- All I Have To Do Is Dream
- We'll Be Right Back
- What'd Life Be Without Homegrown Tomatoes?
- I Could Write a Sonnet About Your Easter Bonnet......
- Don't EVER Say This To Me Again
- Not Here
- Big Bad Bill
- In Praise of Hendersonville
- Sista Smiff's Brag Book
- Hippity Hoppity, Easter's On It's Way
- Perks and Coifs
- Lunchtime in Knoxville
- A One and A Two
- Johnson's Old Grey Mule
- Birthin' Babies
- Tales From The Twister
- Happy Dancing
- Not Your Typical Saturday
- Tornado Warning
- Retrospective Brentwood
- Nothing Stops the US Mail?
- No Pinewood Derby!!!!!
- Angels Sent Straight From Heaven
- A Rainbow After The Rain
- Carrying on an Old Family Tradition
- Celebrating a Life
- Like My Pie, Like My Puddin', Love That Gal That T...
- Be Not Dismayed What 'Er Be Tide.....
- Let Me Hear A Big "Hell Yeah" For the Redneck Girl...
- ▼ April (42)