Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

I Nominate For Mother of the Year...




The cute kids belong to Cousin Kelly down in Lafayette, LA.

Cousin Kelly had three babies in less than three years, is over 40, works full time and her husband, Joey, is currently working in Iraq. (Not military, but, working over there for a year). During all this baby making, Kelly also dealt with her mother's illness and death from cancer.

They are so fond of giving people like Katie Couric and Kathie Lee Gifford "Mother of the Year" awards. Mother of the year???? Give me a break. Anybody who employs a nanny should automatically be disqualified from being on the receiving end of anything like that is what I say.

I myself have three children. The first two were 20 months apart, but, when I had them, I was in my early 20's and stayed home all the time. It was easier having those two close together than the 5 years between #2 and #3. I don't think I could do it at the ripe old age of 37.

Three kids is a big change from 2 kids, as having 2 kids is a totally different thing than having 1. I think after 4, it doesn't make any difference. You have a housefull. These people that have these tribes of children on purpose is a mystery to me.

My grandmothers must not've known better or maybe they did. My one grandmother had 5 children and always regretted not having that 6th child. WHAT?!?!?!?!??!?! My other grandmother had 8 children...no Pampers, no microwaves.....no Prozac and other anti-depressants. How in the world did they make it?!?!

4 comments:

KMiV said...

I would nominate my wife. We too have 3 kids but there is a 10 yr gap between the oldest and #2, then 1 1/2 years between #2 and #3. I agree--it is tough when we are older.

Thanks for your comments on the Wineskins blog.

Ron Clark

Titusina Andronica said...

Oh, man, I totally agree, how can women who employ nannies be mothers of the year?! That's just silly!

And ITA, also, the transition from 2 kids to 3 kids is HARD. Really hard.

Sharon Collie said...

Ron is a good man for recognizing his wife. It's no picnic on the dads either.

Anonymous said...

So true. Your cousin Kelly sounds like a great mom!