Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
Thursday, April 27, 2006
I Nominate For Mother of the Year...
The cute kids belong to Cousin Kelly down in Lafayette, LA.
Cousin Kelly had three babies in less than three years, is over 40, works full time and her husband, Joey, is currently working in Iraq. (Not military, but, working over there for a year). During all this baby making, Kelly also dealt with her mother's illness and death from cancer.
They are so fond of giving people like Katie Couric and Kathie Lee Gifford "Mother of the Year" awards. Mother of the year???? Give me a break. Anybody who employs a nanny should automatically be disqualified from being on the receiving end of anything like that is what I say.
I myself have three children. The first two were 20 months apart, but, when I had them, I was in my early 20's and stayed home all the time. It was easier having those two close together than the 5 years between #2 and #3. I don't think I could do it at the ripe old age of 37.
Three kids is a big change from 2 kids, as having 2 kids is a totally different thing than having 1. I think after 4, it doesn't make any difference. You have a housefull. These people that have these tribes of children on purpose is a mystery to me.
My grandmothers must not've known better or maybe they did. My one grandmother had 5 children and always regretted not having that 6th child. WHAT?!?!?!?!??!?! My other grandmother had 8 children...no Pampers, no microwaves.....no Prozac and other anti-depressants. How in the world did they make it?!?!
Posted by Sharon Collie at 3:47 PM
- All About Perspective
- Jesus Take The Wheel
- I Nominate For Mother of the Year...
- Put Your Sweet Lips A Little Closer To The Phone.....
- Crazy Kin
- What's The Point?
- Quote of the Day
- Big Daddy O
- A Day in Franklin
- Poop, Mexican Music & Nice Neighbors
- 100 Things
- High Fives For All
- All I Have To Do Is Dream
- We'll Be Right Back
- What'd Life Be Without Homegrown Tomatoes?
- I Could Write a Sonnet About Your Easter Bonnet......
- Don't EVER Say This To Me Again
- Not Here
- Big Bad Bill
- In Praise of Hendersonville
- Sista Smiff's Brag Book
- Hippity Hoppity, Easter's On It's Way
- Perks and Coifs
- Lunchtime in Knoxville
- A One and A Two
- Johnson's Old Grey Mule
- Birthin' Babies
- Tales From The Twister
- Happy Dancing
- Not Your Typical Saturday
- Tornado Warning
- Retrospective Brentwood
- Nothing Stops the US Mail?
- No Pinewood Derby!!!!!
- Angels Sent Straight From Heaven
- A Rainbow After The Rain
- Carrying on an Old Family Tradition
- Celebrating a Life
- Like My Pie, Like My Puddin', Love That Gal That T...
- Be Not Dismayed What 'Er Be Tide.....
- Let Me Hear A Big "Hell Yeah" For the Redneck Girl...
- ▼ April (42)