I got a phone call this afternoon from #2's teacher. She was calling every student to make sure all was well and everyone intact. Unfortunately, not everyone in his class got through yesterday as easy as we did. Two children are without homes. A lady that I sing in the church choir with lost her home. I guess she lives about a mile from me.
I feel almost guilty that our biggest inconvenience was going a little over 24 hours without the internet or cable when lots of people close by are trying to figure out what to do next. People all over our city and county doing the same thing Diana and Bill did today; salvaging what they could, packing it into a quickly rented truck...some facing planning funerals.
I slept til 9:00, had my coffee, took my daughter to a friend's house, went to choir practice and to Wal Mart.
Yeah, I feel guilty.
Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
- All About Perspective
- Jesus Take The Wheel
- I Nominate For Mother of the Year...
- Put Your Sweet Lips A Little Closer To The Phone.....
- Crazy Kin
- What's The Point?
- Quote of the Day
- Big Daddy O
- A Day in Franklin
- Poop, Mexican Music & Nice Neighbors
- 100 Things
- High Fives For All
- All I Have To Do Is Dream
- We'll Be Right Back
- What'd Life Be Without Homegrown Tomatoes?
- I Could Write a Sonnet About Your Easter Bonnet......
- Don't EVER Say This To Me Again
- Not Here
- Big Bad Bill
- In Praise of Hendersonville
- Sista Smiff's Brag Book
- Hippity Hoppity, Easter's On It's Way
- Perks and Coifs
- Lunchtime in Knoxville
- A One and A Two
- Johnson's Old Grey Mule
- Birthin' Babies
- Tales From The Twister
- Happy Dancing
- Not Your Typical Saturday
- Tornado Warning
- Retrospective Brentwood
- Nothing Stops the US Mail?
- No Pinewood Derby!!!!!
- Angels Sent Straight From Heaven
- A Rainbow After The Rain
- Carrying on an Old Family Tradition
- Celebrating a Life
- Like My Pie, Like My Puddin', Love That Gal That T...
- Be Not Dismayed What 'Er Be Tide.....
- Let Me Hear A Big "Hell Yeah" For the Redneck Girl...
- ▼ April (42)