Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Not Your Typical Saturday

I got a phone call this afternoon from #2's teacher. She was calling every student to make sure all was well and everyone intact. Unfortunately, not everyone in his class got through yesterday as easy as we did. Two children are without homes. A lady that I sing in the church choir with lost her home. I guess she lives about a mile from me.

I feel almost guilty that our biggest inconvenience was going a little over 24 hours without the internet or cable when lots of people close by are trying to figure out what to do next. People all over our city and county doing the same thing Diana and Bill did today; salvaging what they could, packing it into a quickly rented truck...some facing planning funerals.

I slept til 9:00, had my coffee, took my daughter to a friend's house, went to choir practice and to Wal Mart.

Yeah, I feel guilty.

1 comment:

Busy Mom said...

So glad to hear you and yours are OK.