Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
Thursday, April 13, 2006
Hippity Hoppity, Easter's On It's Way
Today is Maundy Thursday, tomorrow is Good Friday, Saturday is...well, Easter Egg Dyeing day (one of those things that we just do) and that means the day after that is Easter Sunday. Holy Peter Cottontail...what'm I gonna wear to church Sunday???
Being that I'm a good Southern Baptist Girl, there is an unwritten rule somewhere in the Baptist Faith and Message that "women must buy new Easter frocks every Easter, whether Easter falls in March or April."
We've been doing this for years. Look at that picture..Easter 1979.....My sister is the one with the rather, um, BIG hair and the shoes were by Yo-Yo (remember those?!?) She and I had a similar color scheme happening and I see I'm sporting my supposed "Dorothy Hamill" haircut. (It never did look like no Dorothy Hamill!) It seems to me that this was the first time I wore pantyhose. The other accessory I have there is our poodle, Jolie (who lived another 12 years after this).
My mother, as always, in her basic black, to create a "slimming" effect.
The best part is Dad's white suit (had to have been polyester) and apparently, he had stolen Pat Boone's shoes and as he always did, anytime he had his picture taken, he'd turn his head for the profile. Musta been his best side.
Posted by Sharon Collie at 1:21 PM
- All About Perspective
- Jesus Take The Wheel
- I Nominate For Mother of the Year...
- Put Your Sweet Lips A Little Closer To The Phone.....
- Crazy Kin
- What's The Point?
- Quote of the Day
- Big Daddy O
- A Day in Franklin
- Poop, Mexican Music & Nice Neighbors
- 100 Things
- High Fives For All
- All I Have To Do Is Dream
- We'll Be Right Back
- What'd Life Be Without Homegrown Tomatoes?
- I Could Write a Sonnet About Your Easter Bonnet......
- Don't EVER Say This To Me Again
- Not Here
- Big Bad Bill
- In Praise of Hendersonville
- Sista Smiff's Brag Book
- Hippity Hoppity, Easter's On It's Way
- Perks and Coifs
- Lunchtime in Knoxville
- A One and A Two
- Johnson's Old Grey Mule
- Birthin' Babies
- Tales From The Twister
- Happy Dancing
- Not Your Typical Saturday
- Tornado Warning
- Retrospective Brentwood
- Nothing Stops the US Mail?
- No Pinewood Derby!!!!!
- Angels Sent Straight From Heaven
- A Rainbow After The Rain
- Carrying on an Old Family Tradition
- Celebrating a Life
- Like My Pie, Like My Puddin', Love That Gal That T...
- Be Not Dismayed What 'Er Be Tide.....
- Let Me Hear A Big "Hell Yeah" For the Redneck Girl...
- ▼ April (42)