How bout a great song for a Friday evening? I love this song. Why has somebody not picked it up of late and brought it back? On second thought, the original is so good (and Elvis laid a good hurtin' on it, too), I don't know what commercial artist of today would have the oomph and soul to do it any justice.
Hoyt Axton, who wrote "Never Been To Spain", was a brilliant songwriter, recording artist, and succesful character actor.
I had the chance to meet Hoyt a time or two, but, like so many other amazing people I've met, at the time I met them, I didn't realize how special they were and how important they were with their art. When I met Hoyt, I had not yet discovered Jeremiah was a bullfrog, either. I'd have probably gurmed him to death.
I did know Hoyt's mom, Mae Boren Axton, rather well and spent a lot of time with her over the years. Mae was almost like those old Hollywood actresses...full of bs, but, absolutely a great personality and character. I miss her.
Never Been To Spain: "1. Never Been To Spain - Three Dog Night"
Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
- More You Tube Fun
- Birthday Girl
- Can You Tell Me How To Get...
- Does Barry Manilow Know You Raided His Wardrobe?
- If you would like to see The Grascals perform here...
- In The Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening....
- Heroes Proved
- As you can see, I've been messing around with my b...
- School's Out
- Random ADD Thoughts and a Song For You
- Grassland Grill-RIP
- I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
- Life Is Fragile
- Deep Within My Heart Lies A Melody...
- Feminine Protection?!??!!
- What A Way To Go
- Gotta Go Now, Guess I'll See You Around....
- The Fifth White
- But I Kinda Like The Beatles
- Whose Gonna Mow Your Grass?
- Homeschooling Parent Elected To School Board
- Jesus, Rock My Baby
- Take A Walk...
- Madman Drummers, Bummers and Indians
- Cabbies, Schmabbies
- I Love Vinyl
- Family Sayings
- Did You Call Your Mama?
- M Is For The Many Things She Gave Me
- Has Anybody.....
- Oh Rhinestoned Where Art Thou?
- Hooray For Field Day!!!
- Not A Good Gift
- Word of the Day
- That's FRONK-ensteen
- Muffia Heaven
- Could I Borrow...60K?
- Remembering Keith Whitley
- Used To Be My Little Boy
- Sunday Morning Church in Nashville
- Grassy Goatees
- Happy Birthday
- Smile For Awhile And Let's Be Jolly
- Postcards On The Edge
- Worth A Thousand Words
- Wednesday's Useless History Lesson
- A Pledge For Summer
- Da Doo Run Run
- Day Two
- Run Sista Run
- Staying Alive
- ▼ May (55)