As Ceeelcee noted earlier, we're getting old. No, we aren't signed up for AARP yet or nothing like that, but, I see signs myself. In fact, just this very evening, at the Wal Marts, I had a vision of Sista Smiff as an old person..
I go in the Wal Marts and greet the greeter with a big how do ya do..."HEY!!!" I said to her, as though I had run into a friend. Actually, I'm such a regular there, they start to get worried if they don't see me a few times a week. She was just so glad to see me.
I was there because I can't find my keys and had to get a copy (or two) made, and there's always that problem I have of not being able to find my car in the parking lot.
I ran into my friends Rosie & Brian. I've been knowing this couple coming up on 20 years. I'm over there playing with the digital cameras (I'm going to cave here soon and get one) while #2 is trying to talk me into a $40 Optimus Prime kinda toy, and Rosie and Brian come and I turn and holler and say "Hey!" like I did to the greeter and take the little camera and snap a picture of them. Dangit....that's just such an old personish thing to do.
Brian comes over with their little son in the cart (they're some of those blessed later in life parents) and he and I begin to chat about my purchase...Acid Reducer.
"Now, I take Nexium", Brian says. "That's some good stuff."
I say "Yes, it is. I used to take it when it first came out, but, my insurance wouldn't cover it."
Brian and I discuss the high price of heartburn and reflux and I say "Hey, where'd Rosie go?"
"Oh...she had to go to the bathroom."
"Well" saith the Sista, "There's some things that just won't wait."
We covered our ailments and bathroom needs. My mother's favorite subjects. If we'd have stayed a few minutes longer, I'm sure we'd have discussed somebody who died, arthritis, the weather....kinda scary.
Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
- More You Tube Fun
- Birthday Girl
- Can You Tell Me How To Get...
- Does Barry Manilow Know You Raided His Wardrobe?
- If you would like to see The Grascals perform here...
- In The Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening....
- Heroes Proved
- As you can see, I've been messing around with my b...
- School's Out
- Random ADD Thoughts and a Song For You
- Grassland Grill-RIP
- I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
- Life Is Fragile
- Deep Within My Heart Lies A Melody...
- Feminine Protection?!??!!
- What A Way To Go
- Gotta Go Now, Guess I'll See You Around....
- The Fifth White
- But I Kinda Like The Beatles
- Whose Gonna Mow Your Grass?
- Homeschooling Parent Elected To School Board
- Jesus, Rock My Baby
- Take A Walk...
- Madman Drummers, Bummers and Indians
- Cabbies, Schmabbies
- I Love Vinyl
- Family Sayings
- Did You Call Your Mama?
- M Is For The Many Things She Gave Me
- Has Anybody.....
- Oh Rhinestoned Where Art Thou?
- Hooray For Field Day!!!
- Not A Good Gift
- Word of the Day
- That's FRONK-ensteen
- Muffia Heaven
- Could I Borrow...60K?
- Remembering Keith Whitley
- Used To Be My Little Boy
- Sunday Morning Church in Nashville
- Grassy Goatees
- Happy Birthday
- Smile For Awhile And Let's Be Jolly
- Postcards On The Edge
- Worth A Thousand Words
- Wednesday's Useless History Lesson
- A Pledge For Summer
- Da Doo Run Run
- Day Two
- Run Sista Run
- Staying Alive
- ▼ May (55)