Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
Monday, May 01, 2006
Word is that the fantabulous Barry Gibb, newest Hendersonville resident, will be making an appearance at the United Way benefit at Hendersonville High School tonight.
I'm all about me some Brothers Gibb. I wish Robin would show up and that Maurice hadn't died so I could hear the three of them sing "Words", "New York Mining Diaster", "To Love Somebody", "Gotta Get A Message To You", "Nights on Broadway," "Jive Talking", "Islands in the Stream" and all the Saturday Night Fever era stuff. Say what you want about the Bee Gee's, but, I absolutely love them.
I'd go to the benefit myself, but, I'm not feeling so hot. Maybe the fact I haven't had my Levoxyl in over a week has something to do with it. I tried to call it into the Walgreens the other day and they inform me since my doctor ain't doctoring no more, my prescription is null and void, so, I have to trek up to the new doctor and get a new prescription. Great! I can't wait for them to weigh me and announce the number to me as loud as they can. Why do doctor's office nurses do that? Is it some sadistic streak in them??? Then, I'll get the thrashing about how I shouldn't smoke (I actually haven't lit up today because I'm going to start running again. Can't run and smoke at the same time due that asthmatic tendency I have). At any rate, I'm a little sluggish and don't think I can get my mojo on to hear Commander Gibb (he is a real Commander of the British Empire, so saith Queen Elizabeth. He'll be a Sir next, I bet. See, I've done my Bee Gees homework. I LOVE THEM!!) sing all on his own.
I'll be looking for Barry & Linda at Jaybird's, Lowe's, Wal Mart....Target...I bet Linda's a Target gal. A rich, classy, Edinborough gal like her probably doesn't hang at the Dollar General Market, but, then, who knows?!
Posted by Sharon Collie at 10:04 AM
- More You Tube Fun
- Birthday Girl
- Can You Tell Me How To Get...
- Does Barry Manilow Know You Raided His Wardrobe?
- If you would like to see The Grascals perform here...
- In The Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening....
- Heroes Proved
- As you can see, I've been messing around with my b...
- School's Out
- Random ADD Thoughts and a Song For You
- Grassland Grill-RIP
- I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
- Life Is Fragile
- Deep Within My Heart Lies A Melody...
- Feminine Protection?!??!!
- What A Way To Go
- Gotta Go Now, Guess I'll See You Around....
- The Fifth White
- But I Kinda Like The Beatles
- Whose Gonna Mow Your Grass?
- Homeschooling Parent Elected To School Board
- Jesus, Rock My Baby
- Take A Walk...
- Madman Drummers, Bummers and Indians
- Cabbies, Schmabbies
- I Love Vinyl
- Family Sayings
- Did You Call Your Mama?
- M Is For The Many Things She Gave Me
- Has Anybody.....
- Oh Rhinestoned Where Art Thou?
- Hooray For Field Day!!!
- Not A Good Gift
- Word of the Day
- That's FRONK-ensteen
- Muffia Heaven
- Could I Borrow...60K?
- Remembering Keith Whitley
- Used To Be My Little Boy
- Sunday Morning Church in Nashville
- Grassy Goatees
- Happy Birthday
- Smile For Awhile And Let's Be Jolly
- Postcards On The Edge
- Worth A Thousand Words
- Wednesday's Useless History Lesson
- A Pledge For Summer
- Da Doo Run Run
- Day Two
- Run Sista Run
- Staying Alive
- ▼ May (55)