Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Deep Within My Heart Lies A Melody...
Most of my dad's family are in San Antonio, Texas. I spent most of my summer vacations in San Antonio as well as Thanksgivings. I have a plethora of memories of San Antonio and the mere mention of the town can send me into a state of grave sentimentality and cheesy with emotion.
Cousin Brad married the lovely Nicole this past weekend and his uncle, Cousin Brian, was kind enough to share photos of the event, that of course, cause I live so far away, I was not able to attend. I remember when Cousin Brad was in utero so the mere fact that he is now somebody's husband makes me feel somewhat like I'm ready for Assisted Living.
The Groom's mother, pictured above in pink, is the sweet Mary. She's been married to my Cousin Wayne for so long, I forget she's not blood kin. She has been dealing with ovarian cancer the past year and looks absolutely wonderful. This photo of Cousin Wayne sent me into teary mode. One, big day for him, but, also because he looks so much like his father, Charles, who was my father's brother. Everybody in the family misses Charles so much. He was the family Rock, Stabilizer and was the brother with sense. Now, my dad had lots of sense and was very intelligent. He and his big brother were a lot alike, it's just that Charles didn't suck quite so much air out of a room...if ya know what I mean.
Do take note of my Aunt Joy. She just turned 86 years young and gets online and checks email everyday. The other ladies pictured are Nancy, married to Cousin Ron (get it, Ron & Nancy? Just like the Reagans. Heh.) Cousin Vicki and her sister Cousin Cindy. Those two think they're all that just cause they're 50 something and are still smokin' hot. Psshhht...whatever. (I'm joking...they're gorgeous)
Next is Cousin Ron and Cousin Judi. Actually, I'm more inclined to call him "Ronnie". I'm just being nice cause I doubt anybody else in his life calls him Ronnie except me. Cousin Judi is a middle school teacher and has every known animal on her farm. She's kinda like Noah.
Thank goodness for email and the internet so we can keep up with far away loved ones and see special days like this from afar.
Wish I coulda been there.
Posted by Sharon Collie at 11:12 AM
- More You Tube Fun
- Birthday Girl
- Can You Tell Me How To Get...
- Does Barry Manilow Know You Raided His Wardrobe?
- If you would like to see The Grascals perform here...
- In The Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening....
- Heroes Proved
- As you can see, I've been messing around with my b...
- School's Out
- Random ADD Thoughts and a Song For You
- Grassland Grill-RIP
- I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
- Life Is Fragile
- Deep Within My Heart Lies A Melody...
- Feminine Protection?!??!!
- What A Way To Go
- Gotta Go Now, Guess I'll See You Around....
- The Fifth White
- But I Kinda Like The Beatles
- Whose Gonna Mow Your Grass?
- Homeschooling Parent Elected To School Board
- Jesus, Rock My Baby
- Take A Walk...
- Madman Drummers, Bummers and Indians
- Cabbies, Schmabbies
- I Love Vinyl
- Family Sayings
- Did You Call Your Mama?
- M Is For The Many Things She Gave Me
- Has Anybody.....
- Oh Rhinestoned Where Art Thou?
- Hooray For Field Day!!!
- Not A Good Gift
- Word of the Day
- That's FRONK-ensteen
- Muffia Heaven
- Could I Borrow...60K?
- Remembering Keith Whitley
- Used To Be My Little Boy
- Sunday Morning Church in Nashville
- Grassy Goatees
- Happy Birthday
- Smile For Awhile And Let's Be Jolly
- Postcards On The Edge
- Worth A Thousand Words
- Wednesday's Useless History Lesson
- A Pledge For Summer
- Da Doo Run Run
- Day Two
- Run Sista Run
- Staying Alive
- ▼ May (55)