Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
Monday, May 15, 2006
I Love Vinyl
I love finding new blogs. I found Blogaritaville today and she was talking about listening to records and it reminded me of my love affair with vinyl.
I guess love of vinyl dates back to before my birth. My old man was a DJ. He was a dj back when there were such a thing as Radio Personalities, meaning he played what he wanted and he entertained people. He began radioing in the 1940's when he was a sophomore in high school. He ended up finding his way into the Country Disc Jockey Hall of Fame and his plaque hangs downtown at the Renaissance Hotel, but, I digress. (I tend to ramble about the Old Man because he was rather swell and has been dead a long time and I miss him).
As you can imagine, Dad had a TON of records in the house. Hundreds upon hundreds. He had more, but, my mother says the movers stole his original Hank Williams, Sr. records during the move to Tennessee to California, among others. I loved the record collection and a number of his albums make up the nucleus of my own vinyl collection. I'm nuts about my little cheap MP3 player, but, those records are near and dear to my heart and although I never listen to them anymore, I could never part with them.
Which leads me to this question....what was the first record you ever had? I don't remember the first one in my posession, however, I do remember the first 45 record I bought. I bought it at JC Penneys at 100 Oaks. It was The Carpenters "There's A Kind of Hush" and it cost me 99 cents.
I know a lot of people who claim to read this blog...I want to see some answers from those quiet ones (as well as the reggalars). If you are too young to remember records....well...piss on ya.
Posted by Sharon Collie at 8:38 PM
- More You Tube Fun
- Birthday Girl
- Can You Tell Me How To Get...
- Does Barry Manilow Know You Raided His Wardrobe?
- If you would like to see The Grascals perform here...
- In The Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening....
- Heroes Proved
- As you can see, I've been messing around with my b...
- School's Out
- Random ADD Thoughts and a Song For You
- Grassland Grill-RIP
- I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
- Life Is Fragile
- Deep Within My Heart Lies A Melody...
- Feminine Protection?!??!!
- What A Way To Go
- Gotta Go Now, Guess I'll See You Around....
- The Fifth White
- But I Kinda Like The Beatles
- Whose Gonna Mow Your Grass?
- Homeschooling Parent Elected To School Board
- Jesus, Rock My Baby
- Take A Walk...
- Madman Drummers, Bummers and Indians
- Cabbies, Schmabbies
- I Love Vinyl
- Family Sayings
- Did You Call Your Mama?
- M Is For The Many Things She Gave Me
- Has Anybody.....
- Oh Rhinestoned Where Art Thou?
- Hooray For Field Day!!!
- Not A Good Gift
- Word of the Day
- That's FRONK-ensteen
- Muffia Heaven
- Could I Borrow...60K?
- Remembering Keith Whitley
- Used To Be My Little Boy
- Sunday Morning Church in Nashville
- Grassy Goatees
- Happy Birthday
- Smile For Awhile And Let's Be Jolly
- Postcards On The Edge
- Worth A Thousand Words
- Wednesday's Useless History Lesson
- A Pledge For Summer
- Da Doo Run Run
- Day Two
- Run Sista Run
- Staying Alive
- ▼ May (55)