Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Postcards On The Edge

I'm doing a rather large postcard mailing. It's been awhile since I've done one and totally forgot the postcard, mass-mailing rules. I stuck those labels on beautifully and tossed them into the mail bucket. I was feeling good about myself that I got this rather massive thing done so quickly.

Gloating over my sticking skills, I get a call from Cody, the Mail Boy. (I call him that because he's just about to turn 21. I have bras older than him.)


Cody the Mail Boy: "Sista Smiff, this is Cody."

SS: Hi Cody

CMB: Um....you know those, um, postcards you had me pick up?

SS: Yes. Aren't I the best label sticker you've ever seen?

CMB: Um, yeah, um, well, um, well, um, they kinda have to be, um, all turned the same way to um, go through, the machine. Do you think, um, that, um, you can come down here and um, knock it out? I have some time. I can help.

Needless to say, the Mail Boy, nor his middle aged counterparts, helped me turn one postcard the right way. I swear, you can't find good help anymore.

So, the lesson for today, kids, is make sure you turn your mail the same direction, lest it not be able to go through the thingy.


***The best name on the labels I've stuck??? Lyndal Lovelace. Poor guy.


No comments:

Blog Archive