Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
Saturday, May 06, 2006
A weird moment a little bit ago. Turned the tv on and they're showing that infomercial (that's all that's on local television on Saturday's FYI) and they're advertising a series of dvd's and videos, Country's Family Reunion. They look great and I want to get me some.
During the course of the commercial, they are naming the different artists featured on the set and my pal, Whisperin' Bill, says "The Osborne Brothers" and they show a clip of them singing "Kentucky" and who should be singing with them, adding the third part but Mr. Smiff himself.
I couldn't, for the life of me, remember when he did this program. It's been nearly 5 years since he worked with Bobby and Sonny (he was with them for 13 years) and I knew these programs aren't exactly new (I'd say half the people on them are dead now) but it was driving me crazy cause I couldn't remember. I called Mr. Smiff, who is in Michigan for a show today, and dang if he couldn't remember when he did it. I pride myself on being able to remember stuff but this was a mystery.
We finally figured out that because Mr. Smiff was goatee-less and that he was singing in the trio, that it was during the time we were divorced. I was afraid I was really starting to slip there for a minute.
I loved Mr. Smiff in a goatee. The day he moved out he shaved that bad boy off and has yet to grow it again. I wish he would. He says it's all gray now.
Even Sonny Osborne, at one time, had the coolest goatee in bluegrass.
Posted by Sharon Collie at 2:04 PM
- More You Tube Fun
- Birthday Girl
- Can You Tell Me How To Get...
- Does Barry Manilow Know You Raided His Wardrobe?
- If you would like to see The Grascals perform here...
- In The Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening....
- Heroes Proved
- As you can see, I've been messing around with my b...
- School's Out
- Random ADD Thoughts and a Song For You
- Grassland Grill-RIP
- I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
- Life Is Fragile
- Deep Within My Heart Lies A Melody...
- Feminine Protection?!??!!
- What A Way To Go
- Gotta Go Now, Guess I'll See You Around....
- The Fifth White
- But I Kinda Like The Beatles
- Whose Gonna Mow Your Grass?
- Homeschooling Parent Elected To School Board
- Jesus, Rock My Baby
- Take A Walk...
- Madman Drummers, Bummers and Indians
- Cabbies, Schmabbies
- I Love Vinyl
- Family Sayings
- Did You Call Your Mama?
- M Is For The Many Things She Gave Me
- Has Anybody.....
- Oh Rhinestoned Where Art Thou?
- Hooray For Field Day!!!
- Not A Good Gift
- Word of the Day
- That's FRONK-ensteen
- Muffia Heaven
- Could I Borrow...60K?
- Remembering Keith Whitley
- Used To Be My Little Boy
- Sunday Morning Church in Nashville
- Grassy Goatees
- Happy Birthday
- Smile For Awhile And Let's Be Jolly
- Postcards On The Edge
- Worth A Thousand Words
- Wednesday's Useless History Lesson
- A Pledge For Summer
- Da Doo Run Run
- Day Two
- Run Sista Run
- Staying Alive
- ▼ May (55)