Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

5 Minutes With Wichita


After a lovely night and morning of, um, sickness, one needs to howl with laughter, which is one of my favorite pasttimes. Nothing better to howl with laughter than listening to "5 Minutes With Wichita." I bet you didn't think bluegrassers had a sense of humor? Oh, but, they do. Go listen to him interview Ricky Skaggs, Alison Krauss, Dan Tyminksi, and even John Paul Jones.

I'm not surprised that Wichita has become such a celebrity. I first met him many, many years ago (or rather his altar ego) before I ever was part of Mr. Smiff's world. A group of us hung out a little there for awhile and the funny thing is, even though age has changed Wichita's speech a little (he grew an impediment) it's the same wacko, twisted sense of humor he had back when he had a mullet.

No comments:

Blog Archive