I just took some clothes out of the washing machine to put into the dryer and a tire from, I guess, some sort of truck belonging to #2 rolled out and I didn't even flinch. 14 years of mama-ness does that to you.
I should've probably stayed home yesterday and tried to do something with my house, but, I didn't. I was at the pool, enjoying what could have been probably the perfect summer day. I'm not flourescent white anymore and a nice, light little tan is beginning to emerge. I don't get black as night or nothing. I know when to quit. Co-worker Debbie was there part of the time and I just enjoyed hanging with her awhile. She's one of the cooler people you could ever meet and I'm bummed they're moving her to the other side of the floor, probably next week. I might actually get some work done, though.
I also met a 26 year old young lady at the pool who is caring for her 8 year old sister, indefnitely, due to their mother's illness. She was a chatty, outgoing young woman who has kinda put her life on hold to take over this responsibility. I was very impressed with her. No easy task.
Trying to get myself in gear and get ready for church. At least this Sunday, I'm not singing. I sang last Sunday and while I love to sing, I was asked by the preacher to sing a certain song....a song I would've never chosen, not because I don't like it (I Can Only Imagine) it's just I'd ahve never picked that one. I think it came out ok. I'm too harsh on myself and in my mind, I sounded like Kip in "Napoleon Dynamite" singing at his wedding. I don't think it was that bad, though.
Today is my Grandma Collie's 109th birthday. She's long gone, some 22 years now, but, I still think about her. I wish I could have a conversation with her now, at 37. Last time I talked to her, I was about 14 and she really didn't know who I was. I'd like to compare notes with her and get her advice on kid rearing. I'd love to take her to her weekly shopping trip to the Handy Andy in San Antonio; take her to get her hair done at Opal's on Fredericksburg Rd.; I'd love to hear her tell me how I shouldn't give up clarinet because music is so important; I'd love to pick her up and take her to church at Los Angeles Heights United Methodist Church; I'd love to hear her say "Whoa John!" when riding in a car that might be going just a little too fast for her taste. I'd love to see her with my kids and hear her ask my daughter how much she weighs. Everytime I smell raisin toast and oatmeal, I feel like Grandma is in the next room.
"Meeting In The Air" - June Carter Cash: "1. Meeting In The Air - June Carter Cash"
Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
- How To End A Long Work Week.
- Fresh from the email, Sir Quacky has sent the link...
- More Graceland Memories
- Graceland's Spayshul Guest and Other Memories
- Mama Bear
- Bluegrass Night at the Ryman
- Afternoon Delight
- Your First?
- We Love Us Some Mothership
- Adult Swimming
- No Pizza
- Friggin' Idiot
- Letters, We Got Letters-The Burning Family Tie Que...
- A Mothership Lunch Day
- One More Post....
- Pedorthic Memories of Yesteryear
- Good Eatin'
- Almost Her Time
- An Old Movie Review
- Pass The Gravy, Please
- Seen and Heard
- Death By Nightstand??
- More ADD Fun
- Sista Sista Fo Fista Banana Nana Fo Fana
- To Bless or Not To Bless
- I Got New Graphics....I Got New Graphics!
- Praise the Lord and Pass the Underwear
- Are You There God, It's Me, Sista
- She's On The Case
- Not That I'm Anxious For Him To Come Home Or Nothi...
- Out of the Box
- A Father's Day Card
- Hendersonville Public Access TV
- A Saturday Morning Funny
- Awwwwwwwww Pig Out!!!!! (Le Funk C'est Knuck)
- Goodbye To A Friend
- I Want To Serve In the Martini Ministry
- Is This Thing On?
- Sneaky Snake Goes Dancin'...A Wigglin' and A'Hissi...
- The Real Deal
- Top 30
- Multi-Faceted Children
- The Good, The Bad and The Thirsty
- Can Cows Drive?
- What Age Difference?
- ADD Saturday A.M Thoughts
- Reading Josephine's Journal
- Bible Skoo and Cookies
- Playin' Possum WIth The Possum
- Step Right Up, Come On In
- Formerly Known As Fan Fair
- There Is No Such Thing As Natural Beauty
- 5 Minutes With Wichita
- Middle of the Night Sick Call
- To Gray Or Not To Gray
- Monday Oddities
- Old Age
- At The Cee-Ment Pond
- Random ADD Sunday Thoughts
- Does He Or Doesn't He?? You Be The Judge
- Knuck Watch
- I Am Not Done Talking About Reba
- The World Famous Station Inn
- You Picked A Fine Time To Bust Me, Lucille
- Does This Make Me Odd?
- ▼ June (69)