Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
The Real Deal
For the CeeC (and anybody else that's interested) here's some Maria McKee, both during and after her days with Lone Justice.
Why she has never been a household name, I do not know. Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks is a huge fan and even did one of her songs on Wide Open Spaces. Patty Loveless covered Maria on Don't Toss Us Away and Quentin Tarantino included her on the Pulp Fiction soundtrack, one of my favorite Maria tunes If Love Is A Red Dress (Hang Me In Rags).
Maria made me want to move back West so I could hang out at the Palomino. Heh.
Maria McKee & Lone Justice: "1. Ways To Be Wicked - Lone Justice - Maria McKee
2. Don't Toss Us Away - Lone Justice - Maria McKee
3. Shelter - Lone Justice - Maria McKee
4. If Love Is A Red Dress (Hang Me In Rags) - Maria McKee
5. East Of Eden - Lone Justice
6. Soap, Soap & Salvation - Lone Justice
7. You Are The Light - Lone Justice
8. Am I The Only One (Who's Ever Felt This Way) - Maria McKee
9. I've Forgotten What It Was In You (That Put The Need In Me) - Maria McKee"
Posted by Sharon Collie at 8:42 PM
- How To End A Long Work Week.
- Fresh from the email, Sir Quacky has sent the link...
- More Graceland Memories
- Graceland's Spayshul Guest and Other Memories
- Mama Bear
- Bluegrass Night at the Ryman
- Afternoon Delight
- Your First?
- We Love Us Some Mothership
- Adult Swimming
- No Pizza
- Friggin' Idiot
- Letters, We Got Letters-The Burning Family Tie Que...
- A Mothership Lunch Day
- One More Post....
- Pedorthic Memories of Yesteryear
- Good Eatin'
- Almost Her Time
- An Old Movie Review
- Pass The Gravy, Please
- Seen and Heard
- Death By Nightstand??
- More ADD Fun
- Sista Sista Fo Fista Banana Nana Fo Fana
- To Bless or Not To Bless
- I Got New Graphics....I Got New Graphics!
- Praise the Lord and Pass the Underwear
- Are You There God, It's Me, Sista
- She's On The Case
- Not That I'm Anxious For Him To Come Home Or Nothi...
- Out of the Box
- A Father's Day Card
- Hendersonville Public Access TV
- A Saturday Morning Funny
- Awwwwwwwww Pig Out!!!!! (Le Funk C'est Knuck)
- Goodbye To A Friend
- I Want To Serve In the Martini Ministry
- Is This Thing On?
- Sneaky Snake Goes Dancin'...A Wigglin' and A'Hissi...
- The Real Deal
- Top 30
- Multi-Faceted Children
- The Good, The Bad and The Thirsty
- Can Cows Drive?
- What Age Difference?
- ADD Saturday A.M Thoughts
- Reading Josephine's Journal
- Bible Skoo and Cookies
- Playin' Possum WIth The Possum
- Step Right Up, Come On In
- Formerly Known As Fan Fair
- There Is No Such Thing As Natural Beauty
- 5 Minutes With Wichita
- Middle of the Night Sick Call
- To Gray Or Not To Gray
- Monday Oddities
- Old Age
- At The Cee-Ment Pond
- Random ADD Sunday Thoughts
- Does He Or Doesn't He?? You Be The Judge
- Knuck Watch
- I Am Not Done Talking About Reba
- The World Famous Station Inn
- You Picked A Fine Time To Bust Me, Lucille
- Does This Make Me Odd?
- ▼ June (69)