A few unusual things today...things that are not the norm;
1. His Smiffness is home from the road and is at the swimming pool with four Smiff kids-our three plus Nephew Smiff. Mr. Smiff is not a swimming pool guy. He stayed home from some studio stuff so he could haul them all there after picking up #2 Son from Bible Skoo. (Some call it Vacation Bible School...I like the Baptist way of putting the "SKOO" in there).
2. I ate my salad today at lunch with a spoon. I had walked all the way back up to my office before I realized I neglected to pick up a fork. Eating salad with a spoon is just, weird. It works, but, it's uncomfortable.
3. I am going to a wedding tonight. I have never been to a Monday night wedding. In our world, that's not really that strange. The groom is a musician and getting married on Monday will assure he doesn't miss any work. Even so, it's still odd. I've been afraid all day I was going to forget.
Speaking of weddings and this doesn't affect me directly in any way, but, I thought it was extremely odd.....my Shishter's supposed "best" friend got married over the weekend and didn't even invite her. Didn't mention it. This, after she walked through a painful marriage and divorce with her, not to mention, gave her a place to stay a good while after she left an emotionally abusive marriage with nothing more than the clothes on her back. It'd be one thing if there would not have been any close friends in attendance, but, there were, except for my Shishter. Something about that is just plain wrong. Apparently, the new bride is the fourth wife of the groom and they held their ceremony in his woodshop.
Speaking of love, why is it, that at 37 years old, the phrase "making love" is something that causes me to snicker and one I can't bring myself to say????? I'm listening to Peter Frampton's "I'm In You" and that line where he says "you and I don't pretend, we make love" causes me to cringe. I have issews with that phrase and I daint know whyyy.
Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
- How To End A Long Work Week.
- Fresh from the email, Sir Quacky has sent the link...
- More Graceland Memories
- Graceland's Spayshul Guest and Other Memories
- Mama Bear
- Bluegrass Night at the Ryman
- Afternoon Delight
- Your First?
- We Love Us Some Mothership
- Adult Swimming
- No Pizza
- Friggin' Idiot
- Letters, We Got Letters-The Burning Family Tie Que...
- A Mothership Lunch Day
- One More Post....
- Pedorthic Memories of Yesteryear
- Good Eatin'
- Almost Her Time
- An Old Movie Review
- Pass The Gravy, Please
- Seen and Heard
- Death By Nightstand??
- More ADD Fun
- Sista Sista Fo Fista Banana Nana Fo Fana
- To Bless or Not To Bless
- I Got New Graphics....I Got New Graphics!
- Praise the Lord and Pass the Underwear
- Are You There God, It's Me, Sista
- She's On The Case
- Not That I'm Anxious For Him To Come Home Or Nothi...
- Out of the Box
- A Father's Day Card
- Hendersonville Public Access TV
- A Saturday Morning Funny
- Awwwwwwwww Pig Out!!!!! (Le Funk C'est Knuck)
- Goodbye To A Friend
- I Want To Serve In the Martini Ministry
- Is This Thing On?
- Sneaky Snake Goes Dancin'...A Wigglin' and A'Hissi...
- The Real Deal
- Top 30
- Multi-Faceted Children
- The Good, The Bad and The Thirsty
- Can Cows Drive?
- What Age Difference?
- ADD Saturday A.M Thoughts
- Reading Josephine's Journal
- Bible Skoo and Cookies
- Playin' Possum WIth The Possum
- Step Right Up, Come On In
- Formerly Known As Fan Fair
- There Is No Such Thing As Natural Beauty
- 5 Minutes With Wichita
- Middle of the Night Sick Call
- To Gray Or Not To Gray
- Monday Oddities
- Old Age
- At The Cee-Ment Pond
- Random ADD Sunday Thoughts
- Does He Or Doesn't He?? You Be The Judge
- Knuck Watch
- I Am Not Done Talking About Reba
- The World Famous Station Inn
- You Picked A Fine Time To Bust Me, Lucille
- Does This Make Me Odd?
- ▼ June (69)