I''ve blogged an awful lot about music the last week, so I'll take a break from that and tell ya'll something that made me laugh and made me shake my head. I hope my girls at White Trash Mom are listening because they will LOVE this.
It's Bible Skoo (school) week in Hendersonville. The church I used to go to (it's big, Baptist, in Hendersonville and is next door to Trinity City USA-formerly Twitty City, you figure it out) has great Bible Skoos. They go all out. They're huge and they do a great job hosting a couple thousand kids every June.
This years theme is the Arctic Edge. #2 says every year the current theme is the best one ever. He's having a big time. I think he's gotten more out of the whole thing than cookies and juice. The other day he said he wanted to look up Joshua 1:9 in the Bible to see what it says. It's the theme verse and it's printed on his nifty, Bible Skoo tshirt:
"Haven't I commanded you to be strong and courageous? Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Good verse to know.
Speaking of cookies and juice, I was told something this morning about the Bible Skoo and the people running the thing. It reminded me why I left there sos I could worship with people more interested in the Lord than being the Muffia Godmother. I'm sure those Muffia gals there are deep down, decent, good people and ya know, they'll speak to you and smile but they'd never, ever stoop so low as to have a conversation with me, let alone get to know me. I mean, I drive a 1998 Mercury Villager for the love of John the Baptist....it's very clear at that church who fits into their social register and who doesn't. But about those cookies...
Co worker Bonnie and her inlaws all attend this church and in her ma in law's Sunday School class, they had asked them to sign up for what refreshments, drinks and cookies they would bring. They specified that they wanted people to bring NAME BRAND cookies. WHAT?!?!?!?!? Like the kids give a rip if they have Hydrox or Nabisco????? Get outta here. That is so typical Muffia. They're concerned with whether or not they have cookies of the generic variety.
Her mother in law scratched her name off the list. Just for the principle of it. Yea Bonnie's mother in law!!!
My own mother in law picked #2 up from Bible Skoo yesterday and remarked how all the women up there drive big, SUV's and have lots of "attitude" with them. Heh.
I'm glad I'm fairly mature in my faith and know that it's God I worship and not His muffia Bible Skoo leaders and that I've never allowed that to stand in my way of growing in my faith and in my walk. It makes me mad to see people who get so put out with church people and they don't go back, but, I can see why they do. Ghandi himself said the reason he did'nt become a Christian was not the theology, but, rather the way Christians treat each other. That right there is the truth....and it's very sad.
Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
- How To End A Long Work Week.
- Fresh from the email, Sir Quacky has sent the link...
- More Graceland Memories
- Graceland's Spayshul Guest and Other Memories
- Mama Bear
- Bluegrass Night at the Ryman
- Afternoon Delight
- Your First?
- We Love Us Some Mothership
- Adult Swimming
- No Pizza
- Friggin' Idiot
- Letters, We Got Letters-The Burning Family Tie Que...
- A Mothership Lunch Day
- One More Post....
- Pedorthic Memories of Yesteryear
- Good Eatin'
- Almost Her Time
- An Old Movie Review
- Pass The Gravy, Please
- Seen and Heard
- Death By Nightstand??
- More ADD Fun
- Sista Sista Fo Fista Banana Nana Fo Fana
- To Bless or Not To Bless
- I Got New Graphics....I Got New Graphics!
- Praise the Lord and Pass the Underwear
- Are You There God, It's Me, Sista
- She's On The Case
- Not That I'm Anxious For Him To Come Home Or Nothi...
- Out of the Box
- A Father's Day Card
- Hendersonville Public Access TV
- A Saturday Morning Funny
- Awwwwwwwww Pig Out!!!!! (Le Funk C'est Knuck)
- Goodbye To A Friend
- I Want To Serve In the Martini Ministry
- Is This Thing On?
- Sneaky Snake Goes Dancin'...A Wigglin' and A'Hissi...
- The Real Deal
- Top 30
- Multi-Faceted Children
- The Good, The Bad and The Thirsty
- Can Cows Drive?
- What Age Difference?
- ADD Saturday A.M Thoughts
- Reading Josephine's Journal
- Bible Skoo and Cookies
- Playin' Possum WIth The Possum
- Step Right Up, Come On In
- Formerly Known As Fan Fair
- There Is No Such Thing As Natural Beauty
- 5 Minutes With Wichita
- Middle of the Night Sick Call
- To Gray Or Not To Gray
- Monday Oddities
- Old Age
- At The Cee-Ment Pond
- Random ADD Sunday Thoughts
- Does He Or Doesn't He?? You Be The Judge
- Knuck Watch
- I Am Not Done Talking About Reba
- The World Famous Station Inn
- You Picked A Fine Time To Bust Me, Lucille
- Does This Make Me Odd?
- ▼ June (69)