I am back from the Sal-on and I discussed the gray sitcheeashun with my stylist. She thinks my hair would be good to let it go, alas, I did have her go ahead and color it. The reason being is that she said she could put some sort of non permanent type of rinse on it to even it out as it grows out. We're not going to do it right now because I spend summertimes by the pool, in the sun and the sun would fade the non permanent really quickly SO, come fall, we might be taking the gray plunge.
I heard a couple interesting stories whilst I spent two hours getting my coif done.
My stylist just got married a few weeks back and I asked her if there was anything wild and crazy that went on that might secure her a spot on "America's Funniest Home Videos." She said nothing too wild went on, EXCEPT for the fact she had to fire the preacher a couple days before and scramble to find another one. Seems the originally shedyooled preacher man had something come up and he said he'd be able to be there, however, he might be 15-20 minutes late. He said the people wouldn't mind waiting a few minutes? Hello? Miraculously, she found her another preacher. That struck me as really funny. I've never heard of anybody having to fire the preacher.
They got the preacher thing settled and then the Maid of Honor also got fired. Her MOH, friend of more than a decade got drunk and tried to get the GROOM to spend his last night of bachelorhood with her in her hotel room and it wasn't to discuss who would keep charge of the weddin' rangs.
Then, I heard another customer telling how when her cat died, she had to take two weeks off work for bereavement. Two weeks????? Hear me....I have three dogs and two cats. Ok, so the cats aren't on the top of my Love List (but they adore me and won't leave me alone...go figya) and I have a 15 year old dog who has long been in her twilight, that I love dearly and will miss when her time comes but TWO WEEKS OFF WORK???
I must say, the 'do looks quite good. Wish I could make it look like this everyday.
Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
- How To End A Long Work Week.
- Fresh from the email, Sir Quacky has sent the link...
- More Graceland Memories
- Graceland's Spayshul Guest and Other Memories
- Mama Bear
- Bluegrass Night at the Ryman
- Afternoon Delight
- Your First?
- We Love Us Some Mothership
- Adult Swimming
- No Pizza
- Friggin' Idiot
- Letters, We Got Letters-The Burning Family Tie Que...
- A Mothership Lunch Day
- One More Post....
- Pedorthic Memories of Yesteryear
- Good Eatin'
- Almost Her Time
- An Old Movie Review
- Pass The Gravy, Please
- Seen and Heard
- Death By Nightstand??
- More ADD Fun
- Sista Sista Fo Fista Banana Nana Fo Fana
- To Bless or Not To Bless
- I Got New Graphics....I Got New Graphics!
- Praise the Lord and Pass the Underwear
- Are You There God, It's Me, Sista
- She's On The Case
- Not That I'm Anxious For Him To Come Home Or Nothi...
- Out of the Box
- A Father's Day Card
- Hendersonville Public Access TV
- A Saturday Morning Funny
- Awwwwwwwww Pig Out!!!!! (Le Funk C'est Knuck)
- Goodbye To A Friend
- I Want To Serve In the Martini Ministry
- Is This Thing On?
- Sneaky Snake Goes Dancin'...A Wigglin' and A'Hissi...
- The Real Deal
- Top 30
- Multi-Faceted Children
- The Good, The Bad and The Thirsty
- Can Cows Drive?
- What Age Difference?
- ADD Saturday A.M Thoughts
- Reading Josephine's Journal
- Bible Skoo and Cookies
- Playin' Possum WIth The Possum
- Step Right Up, Come On In
- Formerly Known As Fan Fair
- There Is No Such Thing As Natural Beauty
- 5 Minutes With Wichita
- Middle of the Night Sick Call
- To Gray Or Not To Gray
- Monday Oddities
- Old Age
- At The Cee-Ment Pond
- Random ADD Sunday Thoughts
- Does He Or Doesn't He?? You Be The Judge
- Knuck Watch
- I Am Not Done Talking About Reba
- The World Famous Station Inn
- You Picked A Fine Time To Bust Me, Lucille
- Does This Make Me Odd?
- ▼ June (69)