Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
Saturday, June 03, 2006
Does He Or Doesn't He?? You Be The Judge
I'm kinda thinking that Travis Tritt has been hitting the Botox Bar. Why? Cause tonight on the Grand Ole Opry, as he was straining, veins a'poppin in his neck, singing Ray Charles songs, his face did not move. Not once. I mean, not a crows foot to be seen. He did "Georgia" pretty good. His "What I'd Say"...well, lets just say some Ray Charles songs should just be left alone. Even more entertaining and humorous was the Carol Lee Singers doing the "Heys" and "Ho's". Whitey white folks trying to sound soulful and emulate the Raelettes. They put the honk in honkytonk. Heh.
I tell ya one guy who doesn't do Botox is Mike Compton. He doesn't need to cause he is one mandolin pickin' fool. You know that most cool mandolin intro on "Man Of Constant Sorrow" on the "O Brother Where Art Thou" soundtrack? That would be Mike. He has a new cd with David Long called "Stomp." You should get it. You should also read his most interesting blog about his adventures on the road. He has an almost Rainman kinda memory when it comes to details about people he comes across. Mike notices little things in the world that most of us don't take the time to give a second thought to. Fascinating reading.
Posted by Sharon Collie at 11:42 PM
- How To End A Long Work Week.
- Fresh from the email, Sir Quacky has sent the link...
- More Graceland Memories
- Graceland's Spayshul Guest and Other Memories
- Mama Bear
- Bluegrass Night at the Ryman
- Afternoon Delight
- Your First?
- We Love Us Some Mothership
- Adult Swimming
- No Pizza
- Friggin' Idiot
- Letters, We Got Letters-The Burning Family Tie Que...
- A Mothership Lunch Day
- One More Post....
- Pedorthic Memories of Yesteryear
- Good Eatin'
- Almost Her Time
- An Old Movie Review
- Pass The Gravy, Please
- Seen and Heard
- Death By Nightstand??
- More ADD Fun
- Sista Sista Fo Fista Banana Nana Fo Fana
- To Bless or Not To Bless
- I Got New Graphics....I Got New Graphics!
- Praise the Lord and Pass the Underwear
- Are You There God, It's Me, Sista
- She's On The Case
- Not That I'm Anxious For Him To Come Home Or Nothi...
- Out of the Box
- A Father's Day Card
- Hendersonville Public Access TV
- A Saturday Morning Funny
- Awwwwwwwww Pig Out!!!!! (Le Funk C'est Knuck)
- Goodbye To A Friend
- I Want To Serve In the Martini Ministry
- Is This Thing On?
- Sneaky Snake Goes Dancin'...A Wigglin' and A'Hissi...
- The Real Deal
- Top 30
- Multi-Faceted Children
- The Good, The Bad and The Thirsty
- Can Cows Drive?
- What Age Difference?
- ADD Saturday A.M Thoughts
- Reading Josephine's Journal
- Bible Skoo and Cookies
- Playin' Possum WIth The Possum
- Step Right Up, Come On In
- Formerly Known As Fan Fair
- There Is No Such Thing As Natural Beauty
- 5 Minutes With Wichita
- Middle of the Night Sick Call
- To Gray Or Not To Gray
- Monday Oddities
- Old Age
- At The Cee-Ment Pond
- Random ADD Sunday Thoughts
- Does He Or Doesn't He?? You Be The Judge
- Knuck Watch
- I Am Not Done Talking About Reba
- The World Famous Station Inn
- You Picked A Fine Time To Bust Me, Lucille
- Does This Make Me Odd?
- ▼ June (69)