Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Does He Or Doesn't He?? You Be The Judge


I'm kinda thinking that Travis Tritt has been hitting the Botox Bar. Why? Cause tonight on the Grand Ole Opry, as he was straining, veins a'poppin in his neck, singing Ray Charles songs, his face did not move. Not once. I mean, not a crows foot to be seen. He did "Georgia" pretty good. His "What I'd Say"...well, lets just say some Ray Charles songs should just be left alone. Even more entertaining and humorous was the Carol Lee Singers doing the "Heys" and "Ho's". Whitey white folks trying to sound soulful and emulate the Raelettes. They put the honk in honkytonk. Heh.

I tell ya one guy who doesn't do Botox is Mike Compton. He doesn't need to cause he is one mandolin pickin' fool. You know that most cool mandolin intro on "Man Of Constant Sorrow" on the "O Brother Where Art Thou" soundtrack? That would be Mike. He has a new cd with David Long called "Stomp." You should get it. You should also read his most interesting blog about his adventures on the road. He has an almost Rainman kinda memory when it comes to details about people he comes across. Mike notices little things in the world that most of us don't take the time to give a second thought to. Fascinating reading.

3 comments:

Sonia said...

I can tell by that photo ole Travis has been hittin' on some botox. I always loved Travis Tritt. Wish he'd come out with something new.

Sharon Collie said...

Travis is a great singer. I love him singing with Patty Loveless..."I Know You're Married But I Love You Still."

Blogarita said...

That version of "Man of Constant Sorrow" always makes me do a happy dance.

Blog Archive