The bus has departed with the middle schooler and now high schooler to deposit them at their respective schools. Wonder what #1 would do if I drove to the school and as he walks in, is met by me, camera in hand, to document his first day of high school?? Reckon how long it'd be before he spoke to me again?
He used to pose dutifully every First Day of School for the annual Clean and Shiny with Backpack picture. The last time he did that was the picture here, the day he started Middle School. He doesn't even bring his school pictures home for inspection anymore. I usually have to wait til the yearbook comes out to see what his picture looked like. Boys are so funny that way.
I have to tell this story....when #1 started 2nd grade, we had a brand new elementary school to go to. We go to the new school, not really knowing anybody there, to meet the teacher and fill out all the first day papers.
There were a lot of people in the room and we had to wait our turn to meet the teacher. I'm sitting at a little desk filling papers out, and #1 is across the room sitting.
I happened to look up and #1 is sitting in this chair, all lounging and comfortable with his hand in his pants...Al Bundy style. I got his attention and I said "STOP THAT!" No problem.
A couple minutes later, I look up again, just in time and as if somebody cued him "NOW" to hear #1 let out a hellatious fart. Right there in the classroom, people all around. Of course, he thought it was hysterical. I was mortified.
I'm quite grateful that #1 has since learned a few manners and am hopeful that he doesn't make quite the explosive entry into his high school as he did his new elementary school back in '99.
Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
- A Bluegrass Documentary
- Pro Blogging?
- Due To Restructuring....
- Young Love
- A Shout For Eddie
- Pardon Me, Mitch
- Cruising With The Ceester
- Stuck In Lodi Again
- The Sickly Governor
- Shameless Plugs
- Unadvisable Things To Say To Sista Smiff on a Sund...
- Plane Crashes-More Than Just Numbers
- A Piece of the Pie The fine folks at TVLand have ...
- The Post That Is Just Plain Corny
- Hey Sista...What's For Supper?
- The Power of Suggestion
- The Many Faces of Mr. Smiff
- And How Is Your Taste In Music?
- Smiff Meets Schmitt
- Open House # 15
- The Fishin' Hole
- They Said It Really Loud, They Said It On The Air....
- G As In....
- The One Where I Complain About Stuff
- Live Blogging From Metropolitan Gobblers Knob
- Road Trip
- The Leaning Post of Life
- Just Breathe
- No Wonder They Think We're Hicks
- Could It Have Been Any Better? I Think So.
- The Two B's-Bitchin' & Bronchitis
- Tuesday Stuff
- Tales of Some Fourth Grade Bloggers
- Before I Forget
- Rock Your World
- How I Spent My Sunday
- On The Backroads By The Rivers of My Memory John ...
- A Remake That Shouldn't Have Been Made
- Golden Ring
- Blogging Germs
- Yeah, We Tease Him A Lot Cause We've Hot Him On Th...
- Back To Skoo
- Shopping For Kids
- Money For Nothing
- Phone The Neighbors, Wake The Kids
- This Meme Is Brought To You By The Letter "N"
- Image Is Everything
- Simply Shocking
- Country Radio
- Shindig At The Hall
- Driving Lesson Gone Bad
- Concerning My Coif
- Bless This House
- Breakfast In Bed.....sorta
- Do You Remember Paul Eels?
- Birthday Salutations
- Blue Ain't The Word For The Way That I Feel The s...
- Lunchtime In Blogville
- It's Official
- I'll Be There Ready And A'Waitin'
- Bring Your Kid To Work Day
- Mighty Merle
- 80's Fun
- 25 Years?
- ▼ August (68)