#2 did a sweet thing this morning. He made me breakfast. He sure did.
Lots of Fridays when Mr. Smiff is on the road, #2 will hang out at Grandma's and one of their usual outings is to the Kroger. There's always a bag of groceries that #2 has chosen. Most contain large amounts of fructose and other things ending in "ose." Yesterday, he bought stuff to make S'mores, along with his favorite, chocolate Cookie Crisp cereal and Pop Tarts.
So, this morning, #2 tells me he's making me breakfast. He said these Double Berry Pop Tarts were the bomb..."You will LOVE them" he said, very confidently, as if he had discovered a culinary secret. Now, I like Pop Tarts ok, but, I prefer the less, shall we say, painfully sweet kind,not the ones that cause instant tooth decay. I dared not tell this to my youngest boy because he was quite proud to "fix" breakfast for me.
"Do you like it??!?!?!" he said in his best "He-likes-it-hey-Mikey" voice. I told him that this was indeed, by far, the best breakfast I've ever had. "I KNEW you'd love it!" He was quite proud of himself.
The generosity did not stop there. He and I went to the Y to do a little swimming and sunnin' and along about noontime, he said he was hungry and I gave him some money to go over to the little food trailer they have (Skyview Diner, they call it). A few minutes later, I'm laying there and he comes back, I thought he was done and I told him I needed to reapply his sunscreen. "Oh, I'm not done. I just wanted to bring you this" and he presented me with an ice cold can of my favorite beverage, Diet Dr. Pepper.
I thought that was sweet.
Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
- A Bluegrass Documentary
- Pro Blogging?
- Due To Restructuring....
- Young Love
- A Shout For Eddie
- Pardon Me, Mitch
- Cruising With The Ceester
- Stuck In Lodi Again
- The Sickly Governor
- Shameless Plugs
- Unadvisable Things To Say To Sista Smiff on a Sund...
- Plane Crashes-More Than Just Numbers
- A Piece of the Pie The fine folks at TVLand have ...
- The Post That Is Just Plain Corny
- Hey Sista...What's For Supper?
- The Power of Suggestion
- The Many Faces of Mr. Smiff
- And How Is Your Taste In Music?
- Smiff Meets Schmitt
- Open House # 15
- The Fishin' Hole
- They Said It Really Loud, They Said It On The Air....
- G As In....
- The One Where I Complain About Stuff
- Live Blogging From Metropolitan Gobblers Knob
- Road Trip
- The Leaning Post of Life
- Just Breathe
- No Wonder They Think We're Hicks
- Could It Have Been Any Better? I Think So.
- The Two B's-Bitchin' & Bronchitis
- Tuesday Stuff
- Tales of Some Fourth Grade Bloggers
- Before I Forget
- Rock Your World
- How I Spent My Sunday
- On The Backroads By The Rivers of My Memory John ...
- A Remake That Shouldn't Have Been Made
- Golden Ring
- Blogging Germs
- Yeah, We Tease Him A Lot Cause We've Hot Him On Th...
- Back To Skoo
- Shopping For Kids
- Money For Nothing
- Phone The Neighbors, Wake The Kids
- This Meme Is Brought To You By The Letter "N"
- Image Is Everything
- Simply Shocking
- Country Radio
- Shindig At The Hall
- Driving Lesson Gone Bad
- Concerning My Coif
- Bless This House
- Breakfast In Bed.....sorta
- Do You Remember Paul Eels?
- Birthday Salutations
- Blue Ain't The Word For The Way That I Feel The s...
- Lunchtime In Blogville
- It's Official
- I'll Be There Ready And A'Waitin'
- Bring Your Kid To Work Day
- Mighty Merle
- 80's Fun
- 25 Years?
- ▼ August (68)