Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Image Is Everything
We survived High School Orientation last night with a few minor bumps regarding coolness and boundaries. Nobody got hurt and now #1 is pumped about starting school.
It dawned on me this morning....#1 has a thing about us (especially me) being seen in public with him. He's at that age where parents are most uncool and apparently, he's really wanting to give off the image that he's an independent guy. You know, like he has his own apartment and sees his parents on holidays, your average, typical 14 year old swinging, single dude. When they want you to drop them off, and ask you to drop them off a block away, do they want their friends to think that they drove themselves???? I'm beginning to think this is the way it is.
One thing sorta surprised me at Orientation last night. They gave the kids their schedules and let them find all their classes so they wouldn't be so overwhelmed Thursday morning. I was shocked at the number of mom's who were holding the schedule, looking for the class and telling their kid "That's where you go." Mothers...this is not a healthy thing.
#1 ditched me about the time he found his third period class because he wanted to run around with some of his friends. Fine. He claims he found all his classes, but, come Thursday morning, if he did not and he gets lost, it sure isn't going to be my fault. I'm sure he'll try to hang it on me, but, my purpose at the event was to provide, comic, snarkish relief. It is my spiritual gift after all, and what better place than to be snarky than a high school full of Popular Girls and their Popular, Muffia Moms?!?!?
Posted by Sharon Collie at 12:46 PM
- A Bluegrass Documentary
- Pro Blogging?
- Due To Restructuring....
- Young Love
- A Shout For Eddie
- Pardon Me, Mitch
- Cruising With The Ceester
- Stuck In Lodi Again
- The Sickly Governor
- Shameless Plugs
- Unadvisable Things To Say To Sista Smiff on a Sund...
- Plane Crashes-More Than Just Numbers
- A Piece of the Pie The fine folks at TVLand have ...
- The Post That Is Just Plain Corny
- Hey Sista...What's For Supper?
- The Power of Suggestion
- The Many Faces of Mr. Smiff
- And How Is Your Taste In Music?
- Smiff Meets Schmitt
- Open House # 15
- The Fishin' Hole
- They Said It Really Loud, They Said It On The Air....
- G As In....
- The One Where I Complain About Stuff
- Live Blogging From Metropolitan Gobblers Knob
- Road Trip
- The Leaning Post of Life
- Just Breathe
- No Wonder They Think We're Hicks
- Could It Have Been Any Better? I Think So.
- The Two B's-Bitchin' & Bronchitis
- Tuesday Stuff
- Tales of Some Fourth Grade Bloggers
- Before I Forget
- Rock Your World
- How I Spent My Sunday
- On The Backroads By The Rivers of My Memory John ...
- A Remake That Shouldn't Have Been Made
- Golden Ring
- Blogging Germs
- Yeah, We Tease Him A Lot Cause We've Hot Him On Th...
- Back To Skoo
- Shopping For Kids
- Money For Nothing
- Phone The Neighbors, Wake The Kids
- This Meme Is Brought To You By The Letter "N"
- Image Is Everything
- Simply Shocking
- Country Radio
- Shindig At The Hall
- Driving Lesson Gone Bad
- Concerning My Coif
- Bless This House
- Breakfast In Bed.....sorta
- Do You Remember Paul Eels?
- Birthday Salutations
- Blue Ain't The Word For The Way That I Feel The s...
- Lunchtime In Blogville
- It's Official
- I'll Be There Ready And A'Waitin'
- Bring Your Kid To Work Day
- Mighty Merle
- 80's Fun
- 25 Years?
- ▼ August (68)