Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Phone The Neighbors, Wake The Kids
If you've been reading me awhile and heard me speak of Mr. Smiff and you are just dying to know what makes this Man of the Bass tick, well, today, will be your lucky shot to hear The Man speaketh. Today at 3 pm eastern, 2 pm central on XM Radio's Bluegrass Junction, you can hear Mr. Smiff, along with fellow Grascal, Terry Eldredge (aka "Uncle Bobo by the Smiff Kids) have a chat with the indomitable Kyle Cantrell about their upcoming cd Long List of Heartaches.
I can assure you, these two will not be discussing their opinions on the War, the recent primary elections or anything serious. My disclaimer here is I take no responsibility for the potential retardo-ness that may spew forth from their mouths.
Now, I know some of you are saying "Sista Smiff, I don't have XM Radio. I feel left out of this potential fun and frivolity. This is not fair." Ah...never fear, my dear blogging brothers and sisters....you most certainly can take part in this most auspicious occasion.
You can go to XM's website and sign up for a free, three day trial. That way, you can not only experience hearing the voice of my Babys' Daddy, but, you can also check out the rest XM has to offer, which is much. (Besides great the country stations, I'm quite partial to the 70's and 80's channel and "Frank's Place" which plays nothing but Frank Sinatra and his contemporaries)
I can't promise Producer J won't show up at your house making a sales call though. Just be on your guard.
If you don't catch it today, the rest of the airing schedule of this historic interview is as follows:
Wednesday 8/9: 3pm ET
Sunday 8/13: Noon ET
Tuesday 8/15: 9 pm ET
Saturday 8/19: 8 am ET
Monday 8/21: Noon ET
Thursday 8/24 Midnight ET
Sunday 8/27 5 am ET
Tuesday 8/29 10 am ET
Posted by Sharon Collie at 8:16 AM
- A Bluegrass Documentary
- Pro Blogging?
- Due To Restructuring....
- Young Love
- A Shout For Eddie
- Pardon Me, Mitch
- Cruising With The Ceester
- Stuck In Lodi Again
- The Sickly Governor
- Shameless Plugs
- Unadvisable Things To Say To Sista Smiff on a Sund...
- Plane Crashes-More Than Just Numbers
- A Piece of the Pie The fine folks at TVLand have ...
- The Post That Is Just Plain Corny
- Hey Sista...What's For Supper?
- The Power of Suggestion
- The Many Faces of Mr. Smiff
- And How Is Your Taste In Music?
- Smiff Meets Schmitt
- Open House # 15
- The Fishin' Hole
- They Said It Really Loud, They Said It On The Air....
- G As In....
- The One Where I Complain About Stuff
- Live Blogging From Metropolitan Gobblers Knob
- Road Trip
- The Leaning Post of Life
- Just Breathe
- No Wonder They Think We're Hicks
- Could It Have Been Any Better? I Think So.
- The Two B's-Bitchin' & Bronchitis
- Tuesday Stuff
- Tales of Some Fourth Grade Bloggers
- Before I Forget
- Rock Your World
- How I Spent My Sunday
- On The Backroads By The Rivers of My Memory John ...
- A Remake That Shouldn't Have Been Made
- Golden Ring
- Blogging Germs
- Yeah, We Tease Him A Lot Cause We've Hot Him On Th...
- Back To Skoo
- Shopping For Kids
- Money For Nothing
- Phone The Neighbors, Wake The Kids
- This Meme Is Brought To You By The Letter "N"
- Image Is Everything
- Simply Shocking
- Country Radio
- Shindig At The Hall
- Driving Lesson Gone Bad
- Concerning My Coif
- Bless This House
- Breakfast In Bed.....sorta
- Do You Remember Paul Eels?
- Birthday Salutations
- Blue Ain't The Word For The Way That I Feel The s...
- Lunchtime In Blogville
- It's Official
- I'll Be There Ready And A'Waitin'
- Bring Your Kid To Work Day
- Mighty Merle
- 80's Fun
- 25 Years?
- ▼ August (68)