My friend, Sue, is a Pampered Chef consultant. She's very good at it. Probably one of the best I've ever seen at those types of things. Sue could've been a tv personality had she ever had the opportunity. She's a tall, slender, beautiful, blonde with this bubbly, but, not irritating personality. She's a delightful person. Even so, I'm pissed at her.
Yesterday, she was telling me I simply must see the new knives Pampered Chef has now. I told her that I would never use PC knives ever again. Those suckers should be outlawed, they're so sharp. My person bears a scar from one.
A couple years ago, I had gotten some stuff and one of the things was a knife. I was cutting carrots one morning and cut the dickens out of my finger. That thing bled like Dan Akroyd's skit of Julia Child..."I just cut the dickens out of my finger!" I knew I'd have to get stitches for it. Mr. Smiff, for whatever reason, did not deem that the laceration was serious enough to be dealt with by a medical professional (He usually uses the Bill Monroe method of first aid...duct tape). I disagreed with my husband and drove myself to the doctor, with bleeding right thumb. You don't realize how much you use your thumb til you try to drive with one bleeding profusely. I was a happy wife that day.
I got to the doctor and said "Um, I think I need stitches..maybe" and I started unraveling the makeshift, paper towel tourniquet I had fashioned. As soon as I took the first layer off and the girl saw the blood she says "Uh, yeah...you need stitches." Got five of them and have a nice little scar.
So, I told Sue the story of my unfortunate encounter with Pampered Chef knives and that I'd stick with the stoneware or something else. I do love PC stuff and own most of it. I was shocked to learn that Busy Mom has never used her stones!!! Totally ruined my image of her.
Last night, I decided to cook and I made this wonderful Chicken Spaghetti. Fantastic stuff...let me know if you want the recipe. Anyway, I had boiled the chicken and took it out to cut the meat off. Not using my Pampered Chef knife, but, rather a regular one, I start cutting the chicken off the bone and dangit, if I didn't cut the dickens out of my left index finger! Nothing like the Thumb Incident, but, it bled nicely. It bled so much, I had to ask Mr. Smiff to step in and finish getting the meat off the chicken.
I think it was the power of suggestion by Sue and her stinkin' knives that did it. I was going to get my nails done but can't til this heals up. Can't very well get nail polish remover on it.....OUCH!
Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
- A Bluegrass Documentary
- Pro Blogging?
- Due To Restructuring....
- Young Love
- A Shout For Eddie
- Pardon Me, Mitch
- Cruising With The Ceester
- Stuck In Lodi Again
- The Sickly Governor
- Shameless Plugs
- Unadvisable Things To Say To Sista Smiff on a Sund...
- Plane Crashes-More Than Just Numbers
- A Piece of the Pie The fine folks at TVLand have ...
- The Post That Is Just Plain Corny
- Hey Sista...What's For Supper?
- The Power of Suggestion
- The Many Faces of Mr. Smiff
- And How Is Your Taste In Music?
- Smiff Meets Schmitt
- Open House # 15
- The Fishin' Hole
- They Said It Really Loud, They Said It On The Air....
- G As In....
- The One Where I Complain About Stuff
- Live Blogging From Metropolitan Gobblers Knob
- Road Trip
- The Leaning Post of Life
- Just Breathe
- No Wonder They Think We're Hicks
- Could It Have Been Any Better? I Think So.
- The Two B's-Bitchin' & Bronchitis
- Tuesday Stuff
- Tales of Some Fourth Grade Bloggers
- Before I Forget
- Rock Your World
- How I Spent My Sunday
- On The Backroads By The Rivers of My Memory John ...
- A Remake That Shouldn't Have Been Made
- Golden Ring
- Blogging Germs
- Yeah, We Tease Him A Lot Cause We've Hot Him On Th...
- Back To Skoo
- Shopping For Kids
- Money For Nothing
- Phone The Neighbors, Wake The Kids
- This Meme Is Brought To You By The Letter "N"
- Image Is Everything
- Simply Shocking
- Country Radio
- Shindig At The Hall
- Driving Lesson Gone Bad
- Concerning My Coif
- Bless This House
- Breakfast In Bed.....sorta
- Do You Remember Paul Eels?
- Birthday Salutations
- Blue Ain't The Word For The Way That I Feel The s...
- Lunchtime In Blogville
- It's Official
- I'll Be There Ready And A'Waitin'
- Bring Your Kid To Work Day
- Mighty Merle
- 80's Fun
- 25 Years?
- ▼ August (68)