This morning at church, a lady I've known for more than ten years, who is a hairdresser, and I were chatting. She reaches up and starts messing with my hair. Messing, as in trying to fix it. "I hope you don't mind me doing this. This one little piece just looked a little freaked out."
What I wanted to say was "Don't. Touch. My. Hair." I didn't remember it being "freaked out" before I left my mirror an hour or so before. Even if it was sticking straight up like the Cowlick From Hell, still. I thought it was a little rude of her.
This lady is a good hairdresser. I used to go to her about ten years ago. She knows her way around some scissors and can fix you right on up. She owns her own hair place in Hendersonville and has a large clientele. The reason I stopped going to her was because she was slightly condescending. For example...I had gotten a perm at Castner's (remember when Castner's was a good place to get your hair done?) a couple months or so before I started going to her. It was not a bad perm. I didn't look like I had stuck my finger in a socket, nor were the ends breaking off in pieces. It was a perm. It did its job.
She began to refer to that particular perm I had as a "Home Perm." She didn't do that once. She ALWAYS referred to my "Home Perm" every single time I was in her chair and it pissed me off. I'd correct her and say "It wasn't a home perm", but, she never failed to insult my chemically induced coif. I'm of the mind that it's a little on the non-professional side to badmouth whoever did your hair before they did. Right?
She has complemented me recently on my hairdo and claimed "Whoever is doing your hair does a good job." Yeah. At least I've stopped getting those HOME PERMS! Gah.
Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
- A Bluegrass Documentary
- Pro Blogging?
- Due To Restructuring....
- Young Love
- A Shout For Eddie
- Pardon Me, Mitch
- Cruising With The Ceester
- Stuck In Lodi Again
- The Sickly Governor
- Shameless Plugs
- Unadvisable Things To Say To Sista Smiff on a Sund...
- Plane Crashes-More Than Just Numbers
- A Piece of the Pie The fine folks at TVLand have ...
- The Post That Is Just Plain Corny
- Hey Sista...What's For Supper?
- The Power of Suggestion
- The Many Faces of Mr. Smiff
- And How Is Your Taste In Music?
- Smiff Meets Schmitt
- Open House # 15
- The Fishin' Hole
- They Said It Really Loud, They Said It On The Air....
- G As In....
- The One Where I Complain About Stuff
- Live Blogging From Metropolitan Gobblers Knob
- Road Trip
- The Leaning Post of Life
- Just Breathe
- No Wonder They Think We're Hicks
- Could It Have Been Any Better? I Think So.
- The Two B's-Bitchin' & Bronchitis
- Tuesday Stuff
- Tales of Some Fourth Grade Bloggers
- Before I Forget
- Rock Your World
- How I Spent My Sunday
- On The Backroads By The Rivers of My Memory John ...
- A Remake That Shouldn't Have Been Made
- Golden Ring
- Blogging Germs
- Yeah, We Tease Him A Lot Cause We've Hot Him On Th...
- Back To Skoo
- Shopping For Kids
- Money For Nothing
- Phone The Neighbors, Wake The Kids
- This Meme Is Brought To You By The Letter "N"
- Image Is Everything
- Simply Shocking
- Country Radio
- Shindig At The Hall
- Driving Lesson Gone Bad
- Concerning My Coif
- Bless This House
- Breakfast In Bed.....sorta
- Do You Remember Paul Eels?
- Birthday Salutations
- Blue Ain't The Word For The Way That I Feel The s...
- Lunchtime In Blogville
- It's Official
- I'll Be There Ready And A'Waitin'
- Bring Your Kid To Work Day
- Mighty Merle
- 80's Fun
- 25 Years?
- ▼ August (68)