Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
Saturday, August 05, 2006
Do You Remember Paul Eels?
I don't know how I missed the news this week that former Channel 4 sportscaster Paul Eels was killed in a car accident in Arkansas. Those of us who have been in the Nashville area for awhile will remember his tag line of "Holy Smokes!" from his years at the sports helm of WSM TV from 1967-1978. Paul was the first sportsguy I recollect ever in my life.
Paul went from Nashville to Little Rock where he became the Voice of the Razorbacks. Arkansans loved Paul Eels so much, Governor Mike Huckabee ordered flags to be flown at half staff.
You can see pictures and video about Paul here. Terry Bolger did a wonderful piece on Paul that you can see from that link.
I just told CeeElCee not long ago that he made me think of Paul Eels. I'm not saying he could pass for his twin, but, his demeanor and the fact he makes you think of a smiley face is what made me think of him.
Posted by Sharon Collie at 6:44 AM
- A Bluegrass Documentary
- Pro Blogging?
- Due To Restructuring....
- Young Love
- A Shout For Eddie
- Pardon Me, Mitch
- Cruising With The Ceester
- Stuck In Lodi Again
- The Sickly Governor
- Shameless Plugs
- Unadvisable Things To Say To Sista Smiff on a Sund...
- Plane Crashes-More Than Just Numbers
- A Piece of the Pie The fine folks at TVLand have ...
- The Post That Is Just Plain Corny
- Hey Sista...What's For Supper?
- The Power of Suggestion
- The Many Faces of Mr. Smiff
- And How Is Your Taste In Music?
- Smiff Meets Schmitt
- Open House # 15
- The Fishin' Hole
- They Said It Really Loud, They Said It On The Air....
- G As In....
- The One Where I Complain About Stuff
- Live Blogging From Metropolitan Gobblers Knob
- Road Trip
- The Leaning Post of Life
- Just Breathe
- No Wonder They Think We're Hicks
- Could It Have Been Any Better? I Think So.
- The Two B's-Bitchin' & Bronchitis
- Tuesday Stuff
- Tales of Some Fourth Grade Bloggers
- Before I Forget
- Rock Your World
- How I Spent My Sunday
- On The Backroads By The Rivers of My Memory John ...
- A Remake That Shouldn't Have Been Made
- Golden Ring
- Blogging Germs
- Yeah, We Tease Him A Lot Cause We've Hot Him On Th...
- Back To Skoo
- Shopping For Kids
- Money For Nothing
- Phone The Neighbors, Wake The Kids
- This Meme Is Brought To You By The Letter "N"
- Image Is Everything
- Simply Shocking
- Country Radio
- Shindig At The Hall
- Driving Lesson Gone Bad
- Concerning My Coif
- Bless This House
- Breakfast In Bed.....sorta
- Do You Remember Paul Eels?
- Birthday Salutations
- Blue Ain't The Word For The Way That I Feel The s...
- Lunchtime In Blogville
- It's Official
- I'll Be There Ready And A'Waitin'
- Bring Your Kid To Work Day
- Mighty Merle
- 80's Fun
- 25 Years?
- ▼ August (68)