I broke down and called the doctor about my under the weatherness. Figured by now, I oughta be feeling some better, but, I'm not. I'm pretty sure I've got the dreaded "B" word, as in bronchitis. My coughs are resembling that of a very old person and my head is still full of gunk.
I had the option of a 9:45 appointment or a 10:45 appointment. I chose the latter. One reason is that when I talked to the doctor's office, I was about 10 after 9. My head has not seen the shampoo since Saturday (I'm ripe, I tell you). I'm not one that takes hours to get ready to go somewhere, but, figured after sickliness and all for that many days, I'd need a good rinsing.
The main reason I opted for the 10:45 appointment is that the nominations for the upcoming IBMA awards will be announced at 10. (It will be broadcast live on XM Radio's Bluegrass Junction). Mr. Smiff and the band won't be up for any recording awards, like album of the year since their cd doesn't come out til the end of the month. I hope they'll get some noms for Group of the Year and things like that.
What I REALLY am hopeful for, more than any of the other awards is that Mr. Smiff gets in the final five for Bass Player of the Year. I don't care if he wins it as much as I'd like for him to be recognized with a nomination. He's been playing bass since he was just a little feller in North Carolina. Marty Raybon says he's the "Cadillac of Bass Players"....smooth as they come.
Either way, I know awards are largely political. I'd still like to see my old man get recognized. I'm also hopeful that my brother in law will get a Song of the Year nomination for a song he co-wrote called " Echo Mountain" that did pretty well in the bluegrass world this year or for one of the other brilliant songs he's had cut lately.
We'll see here in a little bit.
Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
- A Bluegrass Documentary
- Pro Blogging?
- Due To Restructuring....
- Young Love
- A Shout For Eddie
- Pardon Me, Mitch
- Cruising With The Ceester
- Stuck In Lodi Again
- The Sickly Governor
- Shameless Plugs
- Unadvisable Things To Say To Sista Smiff on a Sund...
- Plane Crashes-More Than Just Numbers
- A Piece of the Pie The fine folks at TVLand have ...
- The Post That Is Just Plain Corny
- Hey Sista...What's For Supper?
- The Power of Suggestion
- The Many Faces of Mr. Smiff
- And How Is Your Taste In Music?
- Smiff Meets Schmitt
- Open House # 15
- The Fishin' Hole
- They Said It Really Loud, They Said It On The Air....
- G As In....
- The One Where I Complain About Stuff
- Live Blogging From Metropolitan Gobblers Knob
- Road Trip
- The Leaning Post of Life
- Just Breathe
- No Wonder They Think We're Hicks
- Could It Have Been Any Better? I Think So.
- The Two B's-Bitchin' & Bronchitis
- Tuesday Stuff
- Tales of Some Fourth Grade Bloggers
- Before I Forget
- Rock Your World
- How I Spent My Sunday
- On The Backroads By The Rivers of My Memory John ...
- A Remake That Shouldn't Have Been Made
- Golden Ring
- Blogging Germs
- Yeah, We Tease Him A Lot Cause We've Hot Him On Th...
- Back To Skoo
- Shopping For Kids
- Money For Nothing
- Phone The Neighbors, Wake The Kids
- This Meme Is Brought To You By The Letter "N"
- Image Is Everything
- Simply Shocking
- Country Radio
- Shindig At The Hall
- Driving Lesson Gone Bad
- Concerning My Coif
- Bless This House
- Breakfast In Bed.....sorta
- Do You Remember Paul Eels?
- Birthday Salutations
- Blue Ain't The Word For The Way That I Feel The s...
- Lunchtime In Blogville
- It's Official
- I'll Be There Ready And A'Waitin'
- Bring Your Kid To Work Day
- Mighty Merle
- 80's Fun
- 25 Years?
- ▼ August (68)