Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
Monday, August 07, 2006
Out of the three Smiff kids, #1 Son gets the least amount of Whiffing. I don't know why that is, for he is certainly Whiffable. It could be that he's gotten to that age where he neither requires nor desires my presence as much as he used to. He is certainly, and has always been, how do I say it without sounding like a horrible mother, less demanding than either of his siblings.
Even when he was just a little bitty feller, a year old w when I was pregnant with his sister, he'd be content to stay in his playpen and watch CMT, nonstop, so I could rest. He's just always been easy to deal with. Even in the nursery at what was then Westside Hospital, now Centennial, a nurse informed me I had a laid back child. "He is low key", she said.
This is a big week for #1. He begins High School Thursday and will be headed over to Freshman Orientation tonight to get his schedule and have an idea where to go when he gets there later in the week.
Yes, yes.....I know what you're thinking... Sista Smiff is entirely too young to have a child in high school. I do agree. The years are a'flyin' by and it definitely leaves such a young mother, like myself, with some odd, mixed emotions about the whole deal.
I'm quite proud #1. I know he'll do well in high school. I know one thing...he shore as hell better hit those books and make some good grades so he can get some scholarship money in a few years. He certainly has the potential and the smarts. Get him going sometime on the history of World Wars I & II. He could be on one of those documentaries they show on the History Channel.
The timing is good for #1 to get a nice mention in his Grandmother's column on CMT this week. She tells the same story I told here last weekend. He'll get a nice kick out of it.
Posted by Sharon Collie at 10:09 AM
- A Bluegrass Documentary
- Pro Blogging?
- Due To Restructuring....
- Young Love
- A Shout For Eddie
- Pardon Me, Mitch
- Cruising With The Ceester
- Stuck In Lodi Again
- The Sickly Governor
- Shameless Plugs
- Unadvisable Things To Say To Sista Smiff on a Sund...
- Plane Crashes-More Than Just Numbers
- A Piece of the Pie The fine folks at TVLand have ...
- The Post That Is Just Plain Corny
- Hey Sista...What's For Supper?
- The Power of Suggestion
- The Many Faces of Mr. Smiff
- And How Is Your Taste In Music?
- Smiff Meets Schmitt
- Open House # 15
- The Fishin' Hole
- They Said It Really Loud, They Said It On The Air....
- G As In....
- The One Where I Complain About Stuff
- Live Blogging From Metropolitan Gobblers Knob
- Road Trip
- The Leaning Post of Life
- Just Breathe
- No Wonder They Think We're Hicks
- Could It Have Been Any Better? I Think So.
- The Two B's-Bitchin' & Bronchitis
- Tuesday Stuff
- Tales of Some Fourth Grade Bloggers
- Before I Forget
- Rock Your World
- How I Spent My Sunday
- On The Backroads By The Rivers of My Memory John ...
- A Remake That Shouldn't Have Been Made
- Golden Ring
- Blogging Germs
- Yeah, We Tease Him A Lot Cause We've Hot Him On Th...
- Back To Skoo
- Shopping For Kids
- Money For Nothing
- Phone The Neighbors, Wake The Kids
- This Meme Is Brought To You By The Letter "N"
- Image Is Everything
- Simply Shocking
- Country Radio
- Shindig At The Hall
- Driving Lesson Gone Bad
- Concerning My Coif
- Bless This House
- Breakfast In Bed.....sorta
- Do You Remember Paul Eels?
- Birthday Salutations
- Blue Ain't The Word For The Way That I Feel The s...
- Lunchtime In Blogville
- It's Official
- I'll Be There Ready And A'Waitin'
- Bring Your Kid To Work Day
- Mighty Merle
- 80's Fun
- 25 Years?
- ▼ August (68)