Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
G As In....
Of the many touching moments over the weekend, this one right here, to me, was one of the sweetest.
Everyone had gone back into the church Fellowship Hall and the grave people were at work finishing up. Nobody was at the gravesite, except 6 of the 11 great grandchildren. They were standing there, very still, very quiet (even #2!). These are some fantastic kids. They loved their great-grandmother dearly. It was almost like they were going to stay with her until the very last minute. She would've loved this.
True, the kids were probably curious about the whole burial process (#2 grilled the grave workers about every step they were doing. They loved it.) They stayed til the last clump of dirt was placed. It was sweet.
While they were watching, someone asked what the "G" in the masonic symbol on their Great Grandfather's stone meant. Cousin Danny is a mortician and a mason and he said he could not tell us what it meant. Now, my Dad was a mason and he always told me that the G stood for "God." Danny laughed when I said that. He informed me that my dad was saying that to pacify me because that's not what it means. All that masonic stuff is so secretive.
Kinda like Fred G. Sanford...the G stands for Gorgeous....or something like that.
Posted by Sharon Collie at 8:35 AM
- A Bluegrass Documentary
- Pro Blogging?
- Due To Restructuring....
- Young Love
- A Shout For Eddie
- Pardon Me, Mitch
- Cruising With The Ceester
- Stuck In Lodi Again
- The Sickly Governor
- Shameless Plugs
- Unadvisable Things To Say To Sista Smiff on a Sund...
- Plane Crashes-More Than Just Numbers
- A Piece of the Pie The fine folks at TVLand have ...
- The Post That Is Just Plain Corny
- Hey Sista...What's For Supper?
- The Power of Suggestion
- The Many Faces of Mr. Smiff
- And How Is Your Taste In Music?
- Smiff Meets Schmitt
- Open House # 15
- The Fishin' Hole
- They Said It Really Loud, They Said It On The Air....
- G As In....
- The One Where I Complain About Stuff
- Live Blogging From Metropolitan Gobblers Knob
- Road Trip
- The Leaning Post of Life
- Just Breathe
- No Wonder They Think We're Hicks
- Could It Have Been Any Better? I Think So.
- The Two B's-Bitchin' & Bronchitis
- Tuesday Stuff
- Tales of Some Fourth Grade Bloggers
- Before I Forget
- Rock Your World
- How I Spent My Sunday
- On The Backroads By The Rivers of My Memory John ...
- A Remake That Shouldn't Have Been Made
- Golden Ring
- Blogging Germs
- Yeah, We Tease Him A Lot Cause We've Hot Him On Th...
- Back To Skoo
- Shopping For Kids
- Money For Nothing
- Phone The Neighbors, Wake The Kids
- This Meme Is Brought To You By The Letter "N"
- Image Is Everything
- Simply Shocking
- Country Radio
- Shindig At The Hall
- Driving Lesson Gone Bad
- Concerning My Coif
- Bless This House
- Breakfast In Bed.....sorta
- Do You Remember Paul Eels?
- Birthday Salutations
- Blue Ain't The Word For The Way That I Feel The s...
- Lunchtime In Blogville
- It's Official
- I'll Be There Ready And A'Waitin'
- Bring Your Kid To Work Day
- Mighty Merle
- 80's Fun
- 25 Years?
- ▼ August (68)