#1 Son had a little bit of an issue getting on the bus this morning. Seems there was a substitue driver and apparently, the driver did not see #1 and shut the door on his hand. #1 was saying, no, hollering, "Excuse me!" and had to run alongside the bus until it opened. He was slightly miffed (understandably) and the Sub had the balls to say "You don't have to be so mean about it."
It was only his hand. That would cause me to be slightly irritated as well. I'm just glad my boy didn't lose his limb trying to get on the friggin school bus.
Ok, who remembers the little guy that used to do the Bus Report on the Ralph Emery Show? Gil Gilliam? (I know Busy Mom and CeeElCee will) He was a teenager and I believe he had some sort of Muscular Dystrophy. He was something of a local celebrity and even appeared in W. W. and the Dixie Dance Kings, a movie Hazel makes a small appearance in and a movie I saw a scene filmed when I was about 4.
Lordy, the women were screaming (my mother included) over Burt Reynolds. I have pictures somewhere of this event. Why has this movie never showed up on DVD?
One of the more random posts I've ever written. From my kid nearly losing a hand to the Bus Report to Burt Reynolds.
Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
- Sista's Scrapbook
- The Morning After
- And The Winner Is...
- Coiffin' It Up
- IBMA Awards Day
- Unemployment Fun
- Life Isn't Fair
- Even Baptist Women Want To Know....
- One Of The Best Movies Ever Made?
- Ben Savage is NOT Dead
- Dishwashers and Hell
- While You Have The Chance...
- Times Haven't Changed
- So What Are YOU Doing This Weekend?
- Does This Mean There's Something Wrong With Me?
- Enlightenment (Warning: Heavy, Middle of the Night...
- Country Cookin' Makes Ya Good Lookin'
- Sista and the Sweaty Guy
- Do You Know...
- The Pitter Patter of Little Paisley's
- Mr. Smiff Hits The Mothership
- Gassy Barrel
- An Opry Poll
- By George
- Yoga + Sista = Wrongness
- A Little Slow To Catch On, But, I'm Learning...
- Shame On You, Gretchen
- Wal Martin'
- Dancing With Bloggers?
- The Many Faces of John Amos
- The Recipe
- Live Blogging-First Day As a Temporary Stay At Hom...
- So Now What?
- At The Bus Stop
- And Furthermore.....
- For Jenine
- Saturday at Wolfy's
- Funny Hazel Quote of the Week
- Bridges Brokem
- Why I Don't Want To Leave
- Sista Smiff Annoyances
- The Old Gray Mare
- I've Got The Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy Down In My Heart
- Down No Mo'
- What is the Point??
- Take It On Faith, Take It To The Heart
- This Day And Age?
- Steve Irwin
- Deep Thoughts-By Sista Smiff
- The One Where I Talk About How Much I Hate My Cats...
- I've Gotta Get A Message To You
- ▼ September (56)