Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

IBMA Awards Day

Two Smiffs have write ups in this morning's Tennessean: Beverly Keel, the brand new entertainment writer, tells about the Mother In Law's upcoming tv gig.

Left of the Dial pointed out that Peter Cooper does a nice little write up on Mr. Smiff and them as well.

Today is a ridiculously busy day, trying to get ready for the IBMA awards tonight. Mr. Smiff was at the Opry House til late trying to do a soundcheck, but, there were some major sound issues and they have to go back this morning to do it. Steve Wariner is performing with them and I'm kinda excited about that. When I was about 15, I had the biggest crush on Steve. There was a time, I was certain I would be Mrs. Wariner, but, Caryn beat me to it. I loooove Steve Wariner.

All of the Smiffs are going so I've spent the last few days making sure everybody has awards show worthy clothes. #2 is wearing a miniature version of what his dad and the guys wear onstage. He is something of the mascot for the Grascals. #1 has actually agreed to wear something other than a t shirt with Black Sabbath or some other heavy metal act on it and the Daughter...I never could've worn a dress like she's wearing at 13 when I was 13. When we shopped, we went round and round because she wanted to wear a dress much more sexy and I told her we had to have a compromise. It took a bit, but, we finally found something we agreed on. (Note to self: Leave #2 at home next time we shop for his sister. He finds the topless mannequins rather humorous and makes sure everyone sees them)

I will be live blogging for the Bluegrass Blog the sights and sounds of the whole thing so do check over there to see how I do.

7 comments:

Kathy T. said...

Unemployed or not, it sounds like you sure love life! I'm so proud of you!

Producer J. said...

Hey, I mentioned this a few days ago, but I don't know if you saw it - I expect you to come visit us tonight - hubby and the boys are swinging by at 8.

I'm going to do my best to see that you get that beer at the nominees reception. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Good luck! You can do it! I will have my fingers crossed for you this evening.

Sharon Collie said...

I meant to add that you can hear the awards live on XM radio. If you don't have it, you can get a free, three day trial and listen online. www.xmradio.com

Anonymous said...

Good luck tonight to the Grascals and salutations to the entire Smiff clan for their complete and utter spiffiness...

Anonymous said...

gahhh. I hate beta.

saraclark-same as above.

Anonymous said...

So cool! Have fun!!

Blog Archive