Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

What is the Point??

After weeks of stuffing myself, I decided today I would count Weight Watcher points. I did really good...until I got home and we had supper.

Supper was leftover hot dogs from last night that Mr. Smiff grilled and were oh-so-good. I ate two of them tonight and it's no wonder my britches have been getting so snug lately. Those two hot dogs overdid my points by 8. Holy Oscar Meyer! Hot dogs are 5 points APIECE and the buns are 3 points apiece.

It kinda explains the notion that fat people don't think they eat that much. How many times have you heard a fat person say that? I know I tell myself certain things and rationalize (like I did tonight in choosing to eat the hot dogs instead of a frozen thing). Total denial. Gah.

I guess this is how we learn to change our eating habits, eh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, overdoing your points by 8 is only roughly 400 calories.

Given that your points are in the 1400-1650 calorie range, and that your body requires ~2200 calories a day to maintain, you still underate for a maintanence weight.

Don't be so hard on yourself, lady!

Kat

Anonymous said...

Okay. I get it. We can post to blogger beta, but we have to do it anonymously. Crud.

Sharon Collie said...

I did go and get a bit of a run in after I stuffed said hot dogs so I was able to jack up some activity points.

You can post as "other" too.

Blog Archive