Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!

Friday, September 08, 2006

Funny Hazel Quote of the Week

Hazel says a lot of funny things. Most days you'll get some sort of funny quip or quote from her on a myriad of subjects from sex to the proper way to make green beans. (No onions in them.)

So, I'm counting Weight Watcher points and I've had a really good week. It's been like withdrawal from heroin. Amazing the times I find myself reaching for food when I, like, shouldn't. I've been to the Y and ran (ok JOGGED) a couple days, trying to get back in the swing and make a better, healthier Sista. One day at a time, sweet Jesus.

Tonight, me and #2 decided we'd come visit Grandma Hazel and Nephew and Niece Smiff (she's about 15 months old). I stopped and got me a Healthy Choice Chicken Parmigian for my suppah and was going to stop at McDonald's (bad mother) for #2. Hazel calls and says she has meatloaf. I can't handle meatloaf. It's one of my trigger foods and one of my specialties that I make. I know myself around meatloaf and it ain't purty.

I called Mr. Smiff (who is playing this very minute at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa) if Grandma would be mad if I brought my Healthy Choice to her house and ate it. "No..you are bettering yourself." I was still scared to bring something into her house like a frozen thing. I didn't want to insult her on her turf.

I got my nerve up and said "Um, I hope you don't mind that I brought this with me. I didn't know we were going to eat here and I'm trying to eat right, yada, yada".

Hazel took a long pause and said "Well...lah tee dah!"

You will get to see Hazel on her very own tv show on CMT on the first of October. They're doing a show like Dinner and A Movie, but, it's called Southern Fried Flicks. Watch for it.

4 comments:

Producer J. said...

I love Hazel stories! Did I tell the story about her answering her cell phone in the middle of Alan Jackson's Platinum Party speech?

As I'm sure I don't need to tell you... she's not the quietest person in the room... :D

Newscoma said...

Good for you trying to get healthier. Maybe I should learn from your example.

Anonymous said...

She's not one to be attached to her cellphone, but, because she claims she doesn't know how to turn the ringer off or down, the phone will ring anywhere, anytime and she will not just let it go.

Ask the people she goes to church with.

NC-I'm still carrying baby weight. The "baby" is 8. The excuse is not working anymore. It sure gets harder as I get older. I used to could drop 10 lbs easy. Now, after three kids, hypothyroidism, not enough time to focus on myself, blah, blah..it's been really hard. We'll see how I can hang.

Anonymous said...

That was one of the bravest things you have ever done. You are so strong and determined.

You list of accomplishments is getting longer!

saraclark

Blog Archive