Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Old Gray Mare

Mr. Smiff had gotten a copy of the first season of Grey's Anatomy in a goodie bag from Fan Fair or something. I said to myself "Ok, I'm going to see if this show is really as great as everybody says." I've only watched one episode thus far....a bunch of horny doctors. Whoop-tee-doo.

Then, I watched an episode on tv the other night and I was slightly freaked out to see Mare Winningham portraying a grandmother-to-be. WTF?!?! She is not old enough to be a grandmother, for the love of Rob Lowe and Emilio Estevez! I started to do a blog post of my freaked outedness of the whole Mare's A Grandma thing, but, true to my nature, I got sidetracked or forgot or something.

This is where the weirdness comes in. Tonight, Mr. Smiff's cell phone rang (his cell phone rings a LOT these days. So much, he almost needs one of them ear pieces so he can talk in public with his hands on the phone) and it's this musician guy who is going to be producing an album on Grandma Mare and does Mr. Smiff have Alison Krauss's phone number cause Mare wants to sing with her?

Maybe that's not weirdness to anybody else, but, I thought it terribly ironic. I wish to Jesus that guy would hire Mr. Smiff to play on the session solely so he could say "You know, my wife blogged about how you played a grandma."

4 comments:

Producer J. said...

DID he have Alison's number, and is she going to sing?

Producer J. said...

BTW... according to your handy dandy link... Mare is a year older than my husband, who has a son old enough to make me a grandma.

If I'm old enough to be a grandma - she is!

Blogarita said...

Yep, she's old enough. She's 4 years older than me, and my granddaughter is 3. Rob and Emilio are old enough to be grandfathers, too, but whether they are mature enough is another question.

Sharon Collie said...

I know it's biologically and chronologically possible, the point is it doesn't seem possible that time has gone so quickly that she is playing a grandmother. You know...it seems like yesterday, time flies, etc? Nevermind.

Mr. Smiff could easily be a grandfather had he started his family earlier. I am quite glad he's not because I AM too young to be a grandmother.

We'll have to wait and see if Alison hooks up with Mare.

Blog Archive