Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!

Friday, September 22, 2006

Does This Mean There's Something Wrong With Me?

I went to the mall this morning to get a pedicure and while sitting in the chair, the radio was on 92.9 and they played the theme to Flashdance and it set my heart all a twitter. Why is this? Yeah, I'm 37 and a grown up, but, dammit, I love that song. It makes me feel good and always has.

Funny how a song can instantly transport you back in time and you can remember where you were, what all was going on, how you thought about and saw things...this song is like instant time travel back to the latter part of 8th grade for me.

Flashdance was one of the first R rated movies I ever saw without sneaking in. Cousin Sharon took me and Mandi and we saw not one, but, two R rated movies back to back. The other was Trading Places. Talk about Heathen Heaven...I was in it that day. That was the summer of 1983 when I was 14 and had taken my first plane trip alone to Houston.

I want you to be happy too because it's Friday and a little on the dreary side so go get your own Irene Cara Fix. (I hate that this Beta Blogger doesn't let me put the You Tubes up like it did so you have to take a link.)

2 comments:

Frank Strovel III said...

You know, I never saw that movie! It's just one of those things. But I loved the song. Heck, anything 80s makes me happy.

Anonymous said...

The movie itself is not the things great movies are made of. It's very dated to watch now. To me, the best part is seeing Chef Brocket from Mister Rogers at a girly show and cussing.

Blog Archive