Gretchen Wilson has this nice, new six pack and I don't mean beer. She has this wonderful washboard stomach now and in her latest video, she's letting the world see it.
I saw Gretchen on some interview show last week and they asked her about her trimmer figure and cool abs and she sat there on national television claiming she had not done anything to get those abs. She tried to convince me she woke up one day and there they were. The Ab Fairy came during the night and blessed her with this gorgeous stomach. Does Gretchen think we are retards?? That is a lie of Naomi Judd proportions.
The thing that got me about it is she claimed that the new abs came from "busy-ness". Now, if Busy-ness were the cause of a washboard stomach, me and Busy Mom would be centerfolds for a body building magazine.
Is Gretchen afraid her redneck fans would accuse her of selling out if she said "I have a trainer?" Hell. That right there doesn't endear you to the female fans, who buy all the music. Gretchen could relate to them more if she'd just admit, "I have to work at this like everybody else." You can't convince me any woman that has had a child has Six Pack abs without doing a jillion crunches a day and staying away from certain foods. That insults my feminine intelligence.
Tanya Tucker, back when she had a drop dead figya, tried to make the same claim that she had good genetics and didn't do anything to stay fit. Heh. Obviously, that was not the case.
I'd say most women, past a certain age, post childbearing, have to work really, really hard to maintain the figure. Martina McBride is one of the rare exceptions, but, she is so scrawny (have you ever seen her little bony arms and legs?) as are the Mandrell Sisters. If you've ever seen one of them in person, you know they're like little rats, they're so scrawny. TV has always made them look voluptuous and curvy, but, trust me, they ain't.
Speaking of Tanya Tucker, are they going to bring Tuckerville back? I love that show. Not as much as I love Rabbi Shmuley and the Little People, though.
Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
- Sista's Scrapbook
- The Morning After
- And The Winner Is...
- Coiffin' It Up
- IBMA Awards Day
- Unemployment Fun
- Life Isn't Fair
- Even Baptist Women Want To Know....
- One Of The Best Movies Ever Made?
- Ben Savage is NOT Dead
- Dishwashers and Hell
- While You Have The Chance...
- Times Haven't Changed
- So What Are YOU Doing This Weekend?
- Does This Mean There's Something Wrong With Me?
- Enlightenment (Warning: Heavy, Middle of the Night...
- Country Cookin' Makes Ya Good Lookin'
- Sista and the Sweaty Guy
- Do You Know...
- The Pitter Patter of Little Paisley's
- Mr. Smiff Hits The Mothership
- Gassy Barrel
- An Opry Poll
- By George
- Yoga + Sista = Wrongness
- A Little Slow To Catch On, But, I'm Learning...
- Shame On You, Gretchen
- Wal Martin'
- Dancing With Bloggers?
- The Many Faces of John Amos
- The Recipe
- Live Blogging-First Day As a Temporary Stay At Hom...
- So Now What?
- At The Bus Stop
- And Furthermore.....
- For Jenine
- Saturday at Wolfy's
- Funny Hazel Quote of the Week
- Bridges Brokem
- Why I Don't Want To Leave
- Sista Smiff Annoyances
- The Old Gray Mare
- I've Got The Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy Down In My Heart
- Down No Mo'
- What is the Point??
- Take It On Faith, Take It To The Heart
- This Day And Age?
- Steve Irwin
- Deep Thoughts-By Sista Smiff
- The One Where I Talk About How Much I Hate My Cats...
- I've Gotta Get A Message To You
- ▼ September (56)