Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!

Friday, September 01, 2006

I've Gotta Get A Message To You







Ginger at GingerSnaps and I share a love of Brothers Gibb and she has reminded us that today Big Brother Barry is....ok, this will make you feel old.....60 years old.


I've written of my undying love of the Bee Gees so I won't belabor that point. The thing that makes me feel old is that back in their heyday, say around, 1978, he was, like, 32, which is five years younger than I am now. That doesn't seem that long ago and now he's just about eligible for the Senior Discount at Shoney's.


Happy Birthday Mista Gibb!

4 comments:

Kat Coble said...

Sixty?!?

Damn. I can't believe it.

Are you sure???

Ginger said...

It's true Kat...he's 60. Isn't it funny how we used to think 50 was old? I remember my grandparents being that age and thinking they were ancient. Now all of our cool teen idols are turning "Senior" and somehow it just doesn't seem that old anymore. :-)

Sharon Collie said...

Another one that recently turned 60 and it kinda freaks me out is Linda Ronstadt.

Ginger said...

...and Dolly Parton (!)

Blog Archive