Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!

Friday, September 08, 2006

Bridges Brokem

The whole idea of Toby Keith starring in a movie stirs up about as much anticipation and excitement in me as getting a root canal. According to the Tennessean, we can all rest easy tonight because this blockbuster is just the FIRST of more movies to come from the Tobster. YAY!

What previews I've seen, the acting can be compared with Lorrie Morgan's acting debut back in 1993. When I think of Lorrie acting, I think of that skit they used to do on either SNL or In Living Color where it made fun of over acting by African American's.

I got SOOO tickled at Kelly Preston at the premiere at the Ryman last night, trying to convince us she is "country." In spite of being born and raised in Hawaii, saith Mrs. Travolta, she "gets that whole feeling of community." Say what? Where'd she learn that from? L. Ron Hubbard?

Gimme a break. This hits me like the Love Boat episode where Florence Henderson played a country singer, complete with "yee haws".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Sista!
I hope this movie gets it out of his system and off of our radar.

Dee said...

If I ever get the urge to have my head explode, I'll go see the movie. I have zero respect for Toby Keith and just as much faith in his acting abilities.

Blog Archive