Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!

Monday, September 18, 2006

An Opry Poll

Next week is a busy week for Mr. Smiff and band as all the die hard, bluegrass enthusiasts will converge on Downtown Nashville for IBMA's(International Bluegrass Music Association) World of Bluegrass celebration. The week culminates in an awards presentation on Thursday at the Opry House.

Mr. Smiff and them are up for three awards, including the prestigious Entertainer of the Year. The people over at the Opry's website are doing an unscientific poll. Do us a favor and go over there and vote for them.

This reminds me I've got to get something to wear to this little soiree next Thursday night. Guess I better get on that.

4 comments:

Kathy T. said...

Per your instructions, I went over and voted! Woot!

Producer J. said...

I voted to. And shall put the link up on my blog as well.

I'm wearing black on Thursday. Black what, I have no idea. But I'm sure it will be black.

Come see us - we'll be broadcasting from Grandpa Jones' dressing room.

Producer J. said...

ummmm... that would be "I voted TOO." Which I'm sure you knew. But I had to be sure you knew I knew two. to. too!

Anonymous said...

I am dreading those awards. It's a nervewracking evening all around. It should be better, or at least more comfortable than the Ryman. All the kids are going this year and I'm sure I'll be dealing with "When are we going to go...this is boring" and stuff like that. There's a lot of tension, nerves, people...last year's show caused me to do something I never do and that was consume likka.

Blog Archive