Two Smiffs have write ups in this morning's Tennessean: Beverly Keel, the brand new entertainment writer, tells about the Mother In Law's upcoming tv gig.
Left of the Dial pointed out that Peter Cooper does a nice little write up on Mr. Smiff and them as well.
Today is a ridiculously busy day, trying to get ready for the IBMA awards tonight. Mr. Smiff was at the Opry House til late trying to do a soundcheck, but, there were some major sound issues and they have to go back this morning to do it. Steve Wariner is performing with them and I'm kinda excited about that. When I was about 15, I had the biggest crush on Steve. There was a time, I was certain I would be Mrs. Wariner, but, Caryn beat me to it. I loooove Steve Wariner.
All of the Smiffs are going so I've spent the last few days making sure everybody has awards show worthy clothes. #2 is wearing a miniature version of what his dad and the guys wear onstage. He is something of the mascot for the Grascals. #1 has actually agreed to wear something other than a t shirt with Black Sabbath or some other heavy metal act on it and the Daughter...I never could've worn a dress like she's wearing at 13 when I was 13. When we shopped, we went round and round because she wanted to wear a dress much more sexy and I told her we had to have a compromise. It took a bit, but, we finally found something we agreed on. (Note to self: Leave #2 at home next time we shop for his sister. He finds the topless mannequins rather humorous and makes sure everyone sees them)
I will be live blogging for the Bluegrass Blog the sights and sounds of the whole thing so do check over there to see how I do.
Take a whiff of Sista Smiff and you'll come back for more, that's fo sho!
- Sista's Scrapbook
- The Morning After
- And The Winner Is...
- Coiffin' It Up
- IBMA Awards Day
- Unemployment Fun
- Life Isn't Fair
- Even Baptist Women Want To Know....
- One Of The Best Movies Ever Made?
- Ben Savage is NOT Dead
- Dishwashers and Hell
- While You Have The Chance...
- Times Haven't Changed
- So What Are YOU Doing This Weekend?
- Does This Mean There's Something Wrong With Me?
- Enlightenment (Warning: Heavy, Middle of the Night...
- Country Cookin' Makes Ya Good Lookin'
- Sista and the Sweaty Guy
- Do You Know...
- The Pitter Patter of Little Paisley's
- Mr. Smiff Hits The Mothership
- Gassy Barrel
- An Opry Poll
- By George
- Yoga + Sista = Wrongness
- A Little Slow To Catch On, But, I'm Learning...
- Shame On You, Gretchen
- Wal Martin'
- Dancing With Bloggers?
- The Many Faces of John Amos
- The Recipe
- Live Blogging-First Day As a Temporary Stay At Hom...
- So Now What?
- At The Bus Stop
- And Furthermore.....
- For Jenine
- Saturday at Wolfy's
- Funny Hazel Quote of the Week
- Bridges Brokem
- Why I Don't Want To Leave
- Sista Smiff Annoyances
- The Old Gray Mare
- I've Got The Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy Down In My Heart
- Down No Mo'
- What is the Point??
- Take It On Faith, Take It To The Heart
- This Day And Age?
- Steve Irwin
- Deep Thoughts-By Sista Smiff
- The One Where I Talk About How Much I Hate My Cats...
- I've Gotta Get A Message To You
- ▼ September (56)